It is currently Mon Dec 18, 2017 2:55 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 748 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 75  Next
PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 6:50 pm 
Site Admin

Last night, I finally installed a test pipe in place of the converter on the Sedan, it breaths a little better now. 8-)

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 9:34 pm 
Site Admin

My driver side shock only has one actual nut in at the bottom atm. So I have to fix that this weekend. I'm also going to make a little shag inspired 4wd transfer case lock. I'll take some pics fo both so we can put that on the wiki. I don't think there's a page in there about the front sensatrac shocks yet.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 4:51 pm 
Site Admin

My dad asked me to go up to camp yesterday to run the snowmobiles for a while, so we took the eagle :mrgreen: . Where camp is there was about 8 or inches of settled snow with about 6-8 of powder on top. We get off the seasonal highway, the road leading in had not been plowed in the past few days, there was around 6-8 inches of fresh accumulation on the road leading in, no prob...We get to the path that leads down into camp, (never gets plowed, usually we have to walk at this point), I hop out to do a little scope of the actual depth, I sank over my snow boots. I hop back in the car, then curiosity took it from there :twisted:, over the bank and down the trail we went (I should've brought me camera), eagle made it in almost effortlessly. We were both impressed :lol: , the only bad thing was I packed under the hood with snow, and created a slight issue with the alternator. Got it cleaned out, let it run for while, no issues making it back out 8-) .

Today, my rh wheel bearing is progressively making more noise, it's not loose yet, but it's letting me know it wants some attention. I spent today attempting to grab a temp hub from the parts car. :evil: I got my ass handed to me, everything from hand tool failure, stripped bolts, jack failure, battery imapact failure, impossible hub nut, and not having the right tools for the job. So I spent from 10am to 4 pm out in the snow fighting with this in my back lawn (winter storage lot? :roll: ). I eventually got what I needed, had to take parts from the driverside rather than the passenger, because I just could not get it to come apart (4 foot cheater bar on my breaker bar, would not budge the hub nut, event after heat), I also sent the miss on a tool run to pick up proper sockets, and exchange my busted ratchets :lol: . (I'll have a little review of the product she got me a little later, after test number two (fixing the eagle).

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 5:43 pm 
Pacer

Finally got to switching the passenger side door handles. Now the rear is broken but the front works, which is fine, since the only thing in the rear passenger seat is my spare tire & my hilift. :lol:

A buggy in the shop isn't as hard core as a stocker in the bush

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 5:44 pm 
Eagle

There is a How To, somewhere, on how to install grease zerks in our rear axles. I forget which forum it is on. That is something that may be worthwhile doing for all of us.

1970 Ambassador SST 2 dr Hard Top Coupe
1980 Concord DL 4 dr
1982 Eagle SX/4 Sport

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 5:57 pm 
Site Admin

I saw that before, I wonder if it can be done on the front bearing, I do have a hub to experiment on...Was actually thinking about that today as I was waiting for my tools to get home, haha.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 6:10 pm 
Eagle

I never thought about the fronts. I would think you would need a fitting for each bearing in the hub.

1980 Concord DL 4 dr
1982 Eagle SX/4 Sport

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 7:10 pm 
Site Admin

Maybe, being conical I was thinking just putting one in the housing that bolts to the knuckle would supply both. Hmmm, I think I've found my next challenge :mrgreen: . Will report my findings...

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 7:29 pm 
Eagle

Would make a great How To. I've got a couple good used hubs sitting around. I will have to take a study on them.

1980 Concord DL 4 dr
1982 Eagle SX/4 Sport

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 8:44 am 
Site Admin

Last night put the temp wheel bearing from the parts car into the red eagle, much quieter now. Now to gather up the parts to rebuild a couple, lol.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 748 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 75  Next