It is currently Sat Dec 16, 2017 10:27 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 748 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 71, 72, 73, 74, 75
PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2016 5:12 pm 
Eagle

Found out someone is interested in my eagle. Not sure if I should let it go or not yet. I know where there is a cleaner example locally. I'm kind of tempted to hang on to it yet as the xj could decide to give up any day, and it would work well for trips in the winter. I would like to look at a fsj. But not sure if that would be something to pursue yet.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2017 4:25 pm 
Eagle

decided to keep the eagle for now. went to fix the exhaust today, ended up fixing the fuel tank instead a previous owners JB weld patch failed, so the fuel tank came out, at least the exhaust should be easy to patch now with no tank in the way.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 11:19 am 
Rebel

I was going to sell mine too. A guy test drove it and came back with a broken sun visor. He nitpicked the thing to death and I said, you know, it's not for sale anymore. So we started to repair the spring mount today. The Rebel is in warm storage. I enjoy my AMC's

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2017 9:27 am 
Site Admin

Every now and again I get thrown a curve ball so to speak, the red eagle did just that. I've been dreading the task of removing the transmission to replace the flexplate due to my suspicions of it being cracked. Ever since I put the engine in (fall 2015) I've had an obnoxious rattle that I couldn't figure out. Anyways, the other week the starter shit the bed, probably mainly due to being over worked because of a carter bbd in need of a rebuild. I had a spare kicking around so I threw it in to at least make the car mobile, before diving into the trans project. To my surprise, my knock (or rattle) had vanished. :facepalm: All I can figure, someone put the wrong starter in the parts car who knows how long ago, and the nose cone would just slightly tick the ring gear on acceleration. My procrastination actually paid off for once :lmao: . Since I was put in a very positive mood by this I went ahead and rebuilt the carb, then decided to fix the exhaust tick at the manifold as well. The Eagle is happy again, nice quiet ride, smooth idle, and easy cold starts :blazin: .

ok so I cheated, I didn't want to open the cooling system, so yeah, lol.

ok back to winter boredom...

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2017 2:51 pm 
Rebel

Shagg wrote:
Every now and again I get thrown a curve ball so to speak, the red eagle did just that. I've been dreading the task of removing the transmission to replace the flexplate due to my suspicions of it being cracked. Ever since I put the engine in (fall 2015) I've had an obnoxious rattle that I couldn't figure out. Anyways, the other week the starter shit the bed, probably mainly due to being over worked because of a carter bbd in need of a rebuild. I had a spare kicking around so I threw it in to at least make the car mobile, before diving into the trans project. To my surprise, my knock (or rattle) had vanished. :facepalm: All I can figure, someone put the wrong starter in the parts car who knows how long ago, and the nose cone would just slightly tick the ring gear on acceleration. My procrastination actually paid off for once :lmao: . Since I was put in a very positive mood by this I went ahead and rebuilt the carb, then decided to fix the exhaust tick at the manifold as well. The Eagle is happy again, nice quiet ride, smooth idle, and easy cold starts :blazin: .

ok so I cheated, I didn't want to open the cooling system, so yeah, lol.

ok back to winter boredom...

Looks good!!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 5:26 pm 
Metropolitan

Depends WHICH AMC :) ! If we're talking White Eagle, unfortunately, THIS is 'What's up this week?'! Needless to say, I am VERY [b]NOT[b] a happy camper! Fact of the matter is, I feel kinda :nervous:

Attachments:
Driver's side White Eagle frame (flashlight).jpg
Driver's side White Eagle frame (flashlight).jpg [ 80.81 KiB | Viewed 504 times ]
Driver's side White Eagle frame.jpg
Driver's side White Eagle frame.jpg [ 74.04 KiB | Viewed 504 times ]
Passenger's side White Eagle frame.jpg
Passenger's side White Eagle frame.jpg [ 81.82 KiB | Viewed 504 times ]
Side view White Eagle frame.jpg
Side view White Eagle frame.jpg [ 67.87 KiB | Viewed 504 times ]

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 5:46 pm 
Rogue

Like 1985amceagle we also have an XJ. Recently the XJ started swallowing coolant. An oil analysis was positive for glycol contamination. What it means for our Eagle is now it becomes the daily driver until I can repair the XJ. Not many cars that are 33 years old and have almost 200k miles are reliable enough to be daily drivers. : 1985amceagle:

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2017 4:59 am 
Eagle

I'm thinking it's time to bring the eagle back into a daily driver status as well. The xj must of had some trama at some point in it's life. Radiator looks like it had a date with the fan, and the ac condensor has a line broke off. Instead of fixing the ac on a 370k mile jeep, the eagle gets the luxury of having the ac recharged. The jeep may see some rust hole patching to keep the dust out, and maybe a Cherokee chief striping scheme.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 748 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 71, 72, 73, 74, 75