It is currently Sat Dec 16, 2017 9:56 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 748 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 71, 72, 73, 74, 75  Next
PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2016 12:03 pm 
Site Admin

84 wagon served me well this winter, still have a few bugs to work out before next season. Nothing too major, think I have a cracked flexplate, exhaust woes, and some chassis work. The xj sat for three months, heat shit the bed, wheels rotted out, lol. Threw the alloys on the xj yesterday, normally not a fan of aluminum wheels, but I'm kinda diggin these. :blazin:

Now I'm in process of finally stripping the parts car and sending the carcass to scrap.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2016 7:03 pm 
Eagle

Had to diagnose my first renix no start, unplugged and plugged in the crank sensor and the xj started right up. Got snow today so the xj is back to getting the crap beat out of it. Surprisingly it worked pretty well this year, other than having poor heater quality. Eagle has been sitting quite a bit more (I blame the 4.0's better horsepower) lately, now it is more of a spare winter vehicle than anything. Had the Comanche out on a few nice days, and have a section of tail pipe to put on at some point.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2016 7:33 pm 
Eagle

Created my ow reproduction of an Amc emblem from a omix Ada part, now I can badge the comanche closer to how the j series were, and stick a chryslerfied jeep badge on the Cherokee. The part number I used was DMV-5451627 and cut it in half and sanded down. From what I can tell, it isn't a 100% correct repo, as the way the logo is achieved is different from how the factory one was designed, however i suspect that is how it would be done today anyways.

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2016 11:40 am 
Site Admin

Forgot to mention, pulled the SX/4 out of the garage last week, :itchy: we have a knocker! :arghgh: :arghgh: :arghgh:
Bitter sweet, I was looking forward to driving it, but, I now have my excuse to dismantle the slug and make a fun car out of it. :fuuuckyou: 258 :fuuuckyou: very much.

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2016 2:22 pm 
Rebel

Shagg wrote:
Forgot to mention, pulled the SX/4 out of the garage last week, :itchy: we have a knocker! :arghgh: :arghgh: :arghgh:
Bitter sweet, I was looking forward to driving it, but, I now have my excuse to dismantle the slug and make a fun car out of it. :fuuuckyou: 258 :fuuuckyou: very much.

That's looking on the bright side

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2016 6:05 am 
Site Admin

Yeah I always try to find the good, in bad things. Another plus is, if I choose to stay with an inline 6, I have a perfect running one in my wife's rot box grand cherokee (trans is smoked, but still works for around town). All I need to do is find her a replacement vehicle and it's mine to part out. :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2016 5:44 pm 
Rebel

Shagg wrote:
Yeah I always try to find the good, in bad things. Another plus is, if I choose to stay with an inline 6, I have a perfect running one in my wife's rot box grand cherokee (trans is smoked, but still works for around town). All I need to do is find her a replacement vehicle and it's mine to part out. :mrgreen:
Bargain counter, here I come!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2016 4:32 pm 
Eagle

Put shocks on the Comanche, hopefully a ac compressor will be in the mix this week as well. Then it will finally have working ac again, just in time for a possible road trip

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2016 7:26 pm 
Eagle

finally went back to working on the eagle, and am devising a plan to dispose of the computer and give control back to the ignition module. next on the list is fix the exhaust and check for a bad u joint.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2016 11:20 am 
Site Admin

Red bird back on the road for the winter, needs some small maintenance, brakes (done), muffler/tailpipe replaced, minor paint touch ups, flexplate changed (really procrastinating on that one, haha). Sounds like I have a wheel bearing starting to go out too, :evil: .
Debating parting ways with this one in the spring (After I fix "most" of it's remaining problems as I don't want to see it end up scrap), just doesn't fit my lifestyle anymore.

*Oh, and I did find a replacement vehicle for the mrs, soooooo, after this winter the rot box grand cherokee is mine to dismantle and give new life to the SX/4. :cheers: :mrgreen: Thinking about going one step further and ditching the sr4 for an ax15, time and budget will tell though.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 748 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 71, 72, 73, 74, 75  Next