It is currently Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:22 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Back to Eagle Life
PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2014 8:03 am 
Noob

Hey all, some of you here might remember me from several years ago, got the same username back :).

I've been gone a long time.....long story short: vehicle accident, neck problems, medication problems, physical mobility problems, had to leave my career.....etc basically, I was varying degrees of sick for several years....pretty much recovered now, though I have to be relatively kind to myself when it comes to working on the Eagle,used to be able to do a full day of working on it, now I need to rest often....so be it right! Also other things have happened....got married (bonus...Hubby loves the Eagle too!!), have a great dog, moved back to my home Province. Now....moving back to my hope province has been a barrier unto itself as far as the Eagle has been concerned. Couldn't afford to move it, and it wasn't ready to pull a trailer across Canada thanks to the somewhat incomplete engine rebuild that I had done out in BC.

Fast forward over 2 years after moving, finally got the cash to bring my Eagle to me (well...sorta, had to force the issue a little....lol). Other problem......NB has some pretty stringent inspection rules (BC had....well....pretty much none). Need to get her road-legal as cheap as possible, as quick as possible, since my hubby and I need to have two vehicles on the road due to his new work schedule (which was my excuse to spend the money to get the Eagle here :) ).
I've been out of the loop for a bit everybody, going to have some REALLY dumb questions, my memory is a little shot, so I'm going to be trying to refresh myself on as much as possible.

Current things on the ASAP to-do list (in no particular order):
New battery, and some fresh gas (getting both today)
Finish replacing the obnoxiously, intrusively loud Cherry Bomb muffler (will do once the rain stops and I have light to do it!)
Replace the "shelf" under the dashboard (it should be in the back....I'd better check on that!)
New tires (or used with good tread)
Tweak the carb.....got a new one on there and it is a PITA, keeps running rich
Inner rocker panels (VERY scared of this one....I can't fix it myself, and cash is tight....could keep the Eagle off the road)
Undercoating! (There is SO much salt used here it'll rot just sitting....)
Inspection....the mystery....will it pass? Probably not until those rocker panels are done....
All the while, keeping fingers crossed that the two years of sitting at a friend's house in BC didn't damage things! (was told some work and upkeep would be done....didn't happen).

Anyway all, glad to be back, life sucked for a bit there, but it is getting better, and improved vastly when the Eagle landed in my driveway again. Going to need some help from all of you to get some of my list tackled and getting her good to go again :) Looking forward to it!!!!

Post subject: Re: Back to Eagle Life
PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2014 8:10 am 
Site Admin

Welcome back, I do believe I remember following your thread on the nest years ago. Glad to hear your back in commission, and good luck with getting the bird up and going again. :banana:

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2014 5:21 pm 
Site Admin

welcome!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2014 6:30 pm 
Eagle

welcome

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2014 3:52 pm 
Noob

I'm going to need some of that luck! Looking more at the inner rockers, they're really ugly (floor supports may be involved!), need to find myself a trustworthy and cheap body guy, welding is beyond my skills. Plus I'm just having bad luck. Can't find the right size reducer for my exhaust, hubby picked up a battery, but it had no posts, got posts, realized the connector on the negative wire was cracked, need to get another pair...running out of sunlight early, getting colder and not much time to spare.
Ahhhhh, the joys of renewed Eagle ownership...I shouldn't be surprised, though I admit to being a little disappointed at the moment :P oh well....