It is currently Mon Dec 18, 2017 12:56 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Re: Hey from Az.
PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 10:49 pm 
Hornet

welcome to evo!! we love pics, beer, and hijacking threads. that looks like a good solid ride! total base model it looks like. 4 speed or 5? what year? if 4 speed is reverse up or down?

o, hey rafe, can this one be tossed into this months rotm for dirty bird? :lmao: :cheers:

WHEN IN DOUBT, BUY MORE BEER!!!!

ASE cert. mechanic 15 years.

http://www.picasaweb.google.com/das24rules

62 rambler classic (casper)
63 rambler american (rosie)
82 eagle sx4 (honeybadger)
82 eagle sw (rottywagon)
79 spirit (drag race car)

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2013 10:27 am 
Noob

dleberfinger wrote:
jaber wrote:
jvlnnut wrote:
Ya I like to tell people the my Eagle is a Jeep in sheep's clothing. Welocome :amc:

LOL, I tell everyone its my Pinto on steroids... :derder:

The engine and interior pics are from when I first looked at it. I found a couple of stuck valves right off and had a metal covered head in the yard, so I relapped the valves, did new seals and Singh grooved it. http://somender-singh.com/content/view/7/31/

It runs very well. I am going to have to replace the heater/ac controller as it is braking.

I am in the Prescott area (5100 ft) and we do see snow, just not enough to "need" 4x. Plus, I have "real" Jeeps for that.

Thanks guys. Image

I've always been very interested in the groove concept. What kind of MPG numbers are you getting? Did you do any benchmarks before and after the groove was added? How many did you do? How did you choose?

I did not get any bench mark #'s. IIRC I did one per on this head. Need to get some solid #s on mpg, but hard not being able to run off a full tank. It runs very well with the crappy stock 1bbl. It really wants a Weber...

casper wrote:
welcome to evo!! we love pics, beer, and hijacking threads. that looks like a good solid ride! total base model it looks like. 4 speed or 5? what year? if 4 speed is reverse up or down? :cheers:

1981 4spd (left and up). Thanks for the nomination, I think... :popcorn:

'81 Eagle SX/4 4.2, SR4, NP129 mostly stock, for now.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2013 10:37 am 
Hornet

jaber wrote:
dleberfinger wrote:

LOL, I tell everyone its my Pinto on steroids... :derder:

The engine and interior pics are from when I first looked at it. I found a couple of stuck valves right off and had a metal covered head in the yard, so I relapped the valves, did new seals and Singh grooved it. http://somender-singh.com/content/view/7/31/

It runs very well. I am going to have to replace the heater/ac controller as it is braking.

I am in the Prescott area (5100 ft) and we do see snow, just not enough to "need" 4x. Plus, I have "real" Jeeps for that.

Thanks guys. Image

I've always been very interested in the groove concept. What kind of MPG numbers are you getting? Did you do any benchmarks before and after the groove was added? How many did you do? How did you choose?

I did not get any bench mark #'s. IIRC I did one per on this head. Need to get some solid #s on mpg, but hard not being able to run off a full tank. It runs very well with the crappy stock 1bbl. It really wants a Weber...

That should be a Carter BBD 2 bbl (4 bolts holding it to the intake). 1 bbl (2 bolts holding it to the intake) went away with the last of the 232s in '79.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2013 9:24 pm 
Hornet

if reverse is left and up, im sorry. that's an sr4 trans. that shift housing is known to go FUBAR! and good luck getting parts to fix it. I have a t4 4spd trans in honeybadger. reverse is right and down. similar as the t5 used in the mustangs for a long time. just doesn't have overdrive. its a better trans.

WHEN IN DOUBT, BUY MORE BEER!!!!

ASE cert. mechanic 15 years.

http://www.picasaweb.google.com/das24rules

62 rambler classic (casper)
63 rambler american (rosie)
82 eagle sx4 (honeybadger)
82 eagle sw (rottywagon)
79 spirit (drag race car)