It is currently Fri Dec 15, 2017 11:53 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: EOTM
PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 8:36 pm 
Eagle

1985amceagle wrote:
saw this idea on AMC Eagle Refuge forum, for the banner what if the eagle of the month picture would be put in the banner once set up on the next host, it would give a chance to put the cars on the site, and it would be a diffrent one each month. (until we run out of cars)

casper wrote:
on the banner at the top of the screen? hell ya!!! i like that ider. down like 4 flat tires! would be nice to see it changed up once a month. (maybe i would pay more attention to it then. LMAO!!!)

shaggimo wrote:
Been waiting to comment on this one, we need more members to have an EOTM, lol, but yeah that's a good thought, give the site a little facelift every month, even if it's the opening "dashboard" we see instead of the banner (not quite sure how the new site works yet). One thing that the gm site I go to does for their ride of the month, multiple pictures, and car descriptions. It makes it much more interesting, they also display the winner on the portal page for the month.

thereverendbill wrote:
I like what the AMC heritage forum does and on the main page it has forum member's cars featured and it cycles every so often ....... maybe that is the way to go

Post subject: Re: EOTM
PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 10:12 pm 
Pacer

I will be honest - I don't like EOTM. Only certain cars get picked, and that's it. Not everybody gets their chance at bat. This I don't like, so I've always been apposed to EOTM.

I hope we don't do that kind of "they do it, we should do it" here.

I better prefer the idea of having everyone's car featured at one time or another:

Quote:
thereverendbill wrote:
I like what the AMC heritage forum does and on the main page it has forum member's cars featured and it cycles every so often ....... maybe that is the way to go

This is a much better idea.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 10:54 pm 
Site Admin

Yeah definitely, some non judgemental thing where we just show off a random member's car. Maybe we could link to an article in the wiki or forum with a little bio and pics of the car.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 4:48 am 
Pacer

I know what you guys mean about your own car not being featured ...... I got so sick of it that I just went out and bought a car that was already featured :mrgreen:

feast you eyes on the april 2007 calendar car that I bought
:lol:
(and for the record I did feel dirty to go to the nest to retrieve that picture)

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 6:35 am 
Site Admin

That's a good idea, to do that, we would have to have the photo album written into the configuration.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 8:35 am 
Site Admin

Let's fill up the member cars parts of the forum, so we have plenty to choose from.