It is currently Fri Dec 15, 2017 6:10 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2014 10:17 am 
Noob

Hi everybody,
At present I am in recovery in a nursing home, but wanted to share some ideas, and ask owners here and members a important question.
At present I am adding lots of updates to the Den, one update is a link/botton on the top bar that opens a new window and displays the AMC Evolution site in that new window, thus memers here can log in and be in both places, cross post if they want ask questions, start new threads, to either sight. We all are AMC Eagle lovers, and I really like the Jeep truck for sale here, but thats another subject! My point is, you run your sight your way, its yours to be proud of, I am a member here also and enjoy the way threads are posted its to the point, and down right funny at times, and every member here is a Eagle lover and some are just AMC lovers, I put that button there cause we co-exist, and add strength to the Eagle ownership!

My question is for the owners and members to think about please, our EaglePedia and your WikiPedia are a huge plus to all of us. We back ours up every night ror changes that day only, and every weekend we do a full backup, we did some mods in November and Eaglepedia was down in order to change software and add some needed items, so it had to be down. We directed people who needed the pedia to yours, so they could have the info they needed. One thing was noted, Wikipedia
here did not have all the updates needed for some users, which brings me to the core of my question, we all share a comon cause "Eagles", we do not compete, I like to think of us as family, we express things different but thats cool who ever had kids that acted the same? I like the idea the two pedia's are stored in different places, what concerns me and should all of us is they both although the same, one is behind in updates, so to make myself clear, the question to both owners and membership is, we have a software group that we pay to support us and to do updates, so no crap takes place they are experts in there field. Would you be open to the idea of Sinking up both site Pedia's like once a month or so, it would make both in a ideal world, the same, everybody on the same page data wise, Doug or Gil or anybody who can update either of them would never have to post in two places, it would be automatic by bonded trusted software experts, you would retain your Wikipedia on your site we would retain ours on our site, two places plus back ups, my concern in ending my thought and question to all of us is, we almost lost the whole data base because of a nut job once, We never want that fear to exist again!
So its up to your members and site owners to think on it, I will check back every couple of days, to see what your answer is.
Thanks
Ken

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2014 10:53 am 
Eagle

when I have added stuff to the eaglepedia here, I have also added it to the den eaglepedia since it doesn't take much to add it to the other one since they both use the same format.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2014 12:51 pm 
Rebel

amcconcord wrote:
We directed people who needed the pedia to yours, so they could have the info they needed.

we almost lost the whole data base because of a nut job once,

I did both of these things and more.

I resent the nut job comment but I can live with it.
I only wanted what was mine. I paid over $330 for a pos crab and was not allowed to air my dissatisfaction on the 'Nest nor get recompense. Get member Whuntmore's take on what happened before you ban me.

Perhaps I do go a bit overboard at times but I get results.

(BTW...I got a huge number of members at the 'Den designated as Premium Members recently.)

I've gone through a couple different names..I was Smitch and I was PeterM.

I was instrumental in bringing Steve down and should be thanked not dissed.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2014 2:18 pm 
Eagle

Mernsy wrote:
amcconcord wrote:
We directed people who needed the pedia to yours, so they could have the info they needed.

I only wanted what was mine. I paid over $330 for a pos crab and was not allowed to air my dissatisfaction on the 'Nest nor get recompense. Get member Whuntmore's take on what happened before you ban me.

(BTW...I got a huge number of members at the 'Den designated as Premium Members recently.)

It also inspired members at this site to make a copy of the eaglepedia. The jabs at Steve provided some good laughs for us too. I now understand better how the wiki program works, it may have been lost for most, but the admins can go in and revert back to an older page, or bring back a deleted page if needed. If Steve would of had a better understanding, he would have been able to fix it himself, but he couldn't keep the nest up, or tell us when it was going to be down. Ken has been doing a way better job, and has been bringing new updates to the site, which I doubt we would have seen from steve.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2014 12:27 am 
Noob

Mernsy wrote:
amcconcord wrote:

I resent the nut job comment but I can live with it. "Nut job was ment for Steve, I know nothing about you"
"Whats a "Pos-Crab"?
I only wanted what was mine. I paid over $330 for a pos crab and was not allowed to air my dissatisfaction on the 'Nest nor get recompense. Get member Whuntmore's take on what happened before you ban me. " I have never banned a single person"

"We did no Premium Memberships cause it had been decided by Mike Gil Doug and others since all boards were open now to anybody who signed in, what was its purpose"
"I am glad to meet you and would like to hear from you on the history of what happened"

"You say you were as you put it Instrumental in bringing Steve down, then we owe you many thanks, did he take over $3,000 bucks from like my family?
Thanks Ken

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2014 10:43 am 
Eagle

the vandalisim of the eaglepedia was probably one of the last straws that killed the steves nest, but the way I see it, steves was shooting himself in the foot anyways, and it would have failed. this forum was started by members steve had ticked off. The den came about because steve ticked ken (amcconcord) off. Ken then took the Nest information, since he was paying for the server, and created the Den, and quite supporting the nest for steve. it had people at the nest ticked that this new site appeared out of the blue, but a majority finally migrated to the den after the nest sunk. Ken is one of the only reasons that all of the info that was at the nest is around today, he didn't have to do anything to try and save the entire forum, and all that would be left is the wiki at this site, instead the whole forum still exists, just under a different name. the information that was lost in the great deletes is still around even, and will be coming back. that whole episode with the eaglepedia ticked off quite a few members on both forums, and the deleting content from the eaglepedia was not a good idea. I even included a screenshot at the bottom of this post. that is all past history, and I think Ken deserves a lot more credit than is recognized, as far as the premium member episode, did steve even do anything for premium members? Ken has been having medical issues, so I can understand the delay that there was, now if it was the nest, it would probably be down for a month, account of "server issues", and you wouldn't see any benefit from the donation, unlike where the den is actually being improved and made better. Im done with my rant, time to go back into lurking.

Attachments:
eaglepedia attack.jpg
eaglepedia attack.jpg [ 51.24 KiB | Viewed 3644 times ]

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2014 10:34 pm 
Pacer

Mernsy wrote:
amcconcord wrote:

I think the 'Nut job' comment was directed at Steve, and not you, Smitch. I mean, you know how 'good' steve was at dealing with admin issues of any kind. The 'Great data loss' was steve's mess.

the attack on the Eaglepedia was fun to watch, even though I ended up playing the 'Good Cop' to your 'bad cop' without even knowing it at first. I was coping pages as you were 'editing' them, and purely saving the info. You did a great job in peeving him off, and let's face it - He totally deserved it. Thanks for that effort.

Steve did deserve the extra misery you brought down on him, with all the banning he did without any justification. He'd ban someone for even looking at him the wrong way, and we all know this.

I am totally aware of how much we owe Ken to saving the info, as well as the 'Den'. Thank you Ken, many times over!!

All in all, I'm just glad that 'bully' is gone, and not admining either of the 'Eagle' sites.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2014 11:11 am 
Site Admin

That is a great idea Ken, p0wn is this sites owner, I merely am the dancing monkeyboy, I would say drop him a pm about this, if he hasn't already contacted you.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2014 6:07 pm 
Hornet

I agree with Whuntmore. The crack was aimed at Steve for CAUSING everyone to get choked. The atmosphere isn't atmosfear anymore.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2014 7:01 pm 
Eagle

I found out from Ken that the nuthead was Steve. I understood why you went after Steve. If I would have been banned just for trying to get a hold of one member, I would have been ticked off myself. Thinking About it more, I take back what I said. You did provide a decent humorus fight, I only wish I could have seen what Steve said on the forum, as alot sounded like BS that was reposted here. Since then the eaglepedia has been reverted back to it's previous state, and no real harm was done to it.