It is currently Mon Dec 18, 2017 2:03 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Who joins Evo?
PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 6:58 pm 
Eagle

this came from a post that Doug wrote in 2008 on the nest, i wouldnt be so supprised if it is the same here.

Doug wrote:
Here are some observations I have made over the years of the folks who join the AMC Eagle Nest:

First Time AMC Owner
A good number of new members are new to AMC. Many were born after AMC ceased and others were very young during the final years. New AMC owners probably have the most to learn and discover as you will find AMC products are not your average North American car. And, unfortunately, many of you will become disillusioned or tired of your first AMC a few months down the road. If that is the case, then please offer your Eagle up for sale to another member -- sending it to a junk yard will only take more scarce parts out of a depleted parts system. You will quickly learn that many parts, usually related to the body, are not available thru parts stores and catalogs. No one makes much in the way of any AMC sheet metal or trim except for the popular and more collectible AMC pony cars. Your first AMC is at least 20 years old. Do not expect any car that old to perform from day-one as a reliable daily driver. However, if you spend time going thru this forum you will find that many issues are easily solved with little expense. Take time to learn about your car's history and even some AMC history in general. People will ask you about your Eagle and it is always good if you can provide correct information and not perpetuate some of the AMC myths that are still out there. Easy questions to answer are: Yes, all AMC Eagles came from the factory as 4WD cars. And, No, my six cylinder engine was not made by Ford, Chevy, Chrysler, or anyone else but AMC. Or someone suggests you should put a SBC (small block chevy engine) in your Eagle. Why? Anybody can screw up an Eagle that way. Most AMC'ers would prefer you stick to AMC or AMC designed power. Not much harder to do and way cooler.

Previous AMC ownership, First AMC Eagle
Glad you have added an Eagle to your AMC experience. You probably are already aware of the AMC quirks, parts availability and have some basic AMC background behind you. Your Eagle shares many components with other AMC products especially the small bodied cars from the Hornet days and on. No, Eagles did not come with V8's from the factory. Thinking about putting one in? Think first about an I-6 stroker using your 258 and a donor Jeep 4.0. Lots of cheap HP here and of course the I-6's sterling reputation for low end torque and long life. You will probably not tire of your first AMC Eagle and stick with it for the long haul. We have a lot of AMC Eagle (and AMC) knowledgeable members here so don't by shy about posting your questions and your own AMC expertise.

Owned/Own AMC's and Eagles now and/or in the Past
These new members know exactly what they have. They are probably in to the AMC Hobby for the long haul and will be able to jump right into this forum with great advice, experiences and some intriguing questions. Not too much to say more about these members as they will assist us in assisting the former two groups learn and enjoy their AMC Eagles and hopefully welcome and nurture a new generation of AMC owners.

Post subject: Re: Who joins Evo?
PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2013 9:04 pm 
Rogue

I guess I'm in as "Owned/Own AMC's and Eagles now and/or in the Past". Our '84 is the first AMC product in both mine and my wife's family, but we've had it 28 years and it's still going. :eagle:

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2013 10:46 pm 
Hornet

People who are tired of the 49 second rule

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2013 11:42 am 
Site Admin

lol, but you can elimate that by purchasing a Red star! :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2013 2:23 pm 
Eagle

That must be something new I don't know about.

1970 Ambassador SST 2 dr Hard Top Coupe
1980 Concord DL 4 dr
1982 Eagle SX/4 Sport

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2013 2:53 pm 
Javelin

I can remember that from years back.

All right, brain. You don't like me and I don't like you, but let's just do this and I can get back to killing you with beer.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2013 3:01 pm 
Eagle

Is the red star the premium membership thing? I forget. I thought the delay was eliminated or at least scaled back at one time.

1980 Concord DL 4 dr
1982 Eagle SX/4 Sport

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2013 3:46 pm 
Pacer

I'd fall into the owned AMCs/Eagles in the past. Also in the 49 second delay????? Whiskey Tango foxtrot???? group.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2013 5:04 pm 
Eagle

There used to be a delay between one's ability to post reply. Not sure if that is what he means.

1980 Concord DL 4 dr
1982 Eagle SX/4 Sport

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2013 5:06 pm 
Pacer

Now that you mention it if you were trying to reply to messages and you were too quick to reply to different messages and such you do get flagged or something.