It is currently Mon Dec 18, 2017 4:57 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: A bit about yourself
PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 7:20 am 
Pacer

I was thinking that since people are so anonymous on the intarwebz these days it might be interesting to get to know eachother, don't need real names or anything (although I'm sure a few of us know 1-2 others by name).

I'm a Canadian (I know, now your all jealous), and an east coaster from Nova Scotia. I'm a married father of 2 boys. I currently serve in the Royal Canadian Air Force as an avionics systems technician, lucked out and got posted really close to home ;) . Joined up at 29 and started basic training a month after my 2nd son was born, and was gone close to 1 1/2 years, watched my 2 boys grow up in photos and saw them 4-5 times in that period. I did a stint about 15 years back as a reservist (national guard for Canada)...got out after doing the recovery of Swissair Flight 111 and picking up plane wreckage and bodies.

Anyways, born and bred in Nova Scotia, bounced around growing up all around and I love my province. Got my first Eagle just under a year ago after seeing them randomly now and again. I was looking for a Jeep, but when I saw the Eagle how could I say no?

And the best part? Might have a solid trade for a SX/4 this spring/summer!

Post subject: Re: A bit about yourself
PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 7:52 am 
Eagle

Thank you for your service to your country.

1970 Ambassador SST 2 dr Hard Top Coupe
1980 Concord DL 4 dr
1982 Eagle SX/4 Sport

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 10:56 am 
Pacer

Thanks Doug...we don't have too many patriotic Canadians.

So how about yourself?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 11:14 am 
Site Admin

Sounds like a good idea. I make applications for mobile phones, mainly iphone/ipad. I was born in SD, moved to TX when I was 12, moved to NYC when I was 21 and moved to Portland, OR when I was 28. Some time in NYC I started day dreaming about getting an eagle, and i kept the dream alive til I moved to Portland, and snatched up my eagle.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 11:49 am 
Pacer

Nightpath wrote:
Thanks Doug...we don't have too many patriotic Canadians.

So how about yourself?

Tons of patriotic Canadians - not all of us feel we need to get into fights to defend our home, though. :cheers:

A buggy in the shop isn't as hard core as a stocker in the bush

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 1:15 pm 
Eagle

A bit about me. Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm. Well I am old married guy with three grandchildren and an old AMC guy as well. Recently retired and enjoying be able to do what I want to do. Was in the US Army for 13 years. Last job, for 16 years was as an elder abuse investigator and elder abuse program coordinator. My first AMC was a 1961 breadbox American wagon and my first new AMC was a 1970 Gremlin.

1970 Ambassador SST 2 dr Hard Top Coupe
1980 Concord DL 4 dr
1982 Eagle SX/4 Sport

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 1:52 pm 
Site Admin

I'm a CNY'er :homebob: , I've spent the last 12 years working behind an auto parts counter :facepalm: :smh: . I live a pretty dull existance nowadays, ride bicycle, work on cars, work on house, feed dogs, clean up after said dogs, I enjoy making random junk into useful things in day to day life, and modifying other things to make them better :epiphany: (speaking of which I gotta make myself a pooperscooper one of these nights :lmao: ). Once in a while I go out in public, well other than going to the grocery store, normally it's just to a car show, offroading, maybe a heavymetal show, or a bar on a rare occasion. I like many types of beer, but prefer a good stout. :blazin: An 87 Cherokee was the first amc that followed me home.

**Edit**

Forgot to mention, I'm 30. :facepalm:

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 3:05 pm 
Eagle

to both of you that served (and anyone else who did) thank you for your service to your country. Image first "amc" product I brought home was a 90 yj with a 258. originally wanted to find a cj7 but there are none around here or they all have small block chevys. :roll: later on found an eagle on the opposite end of sd. since then the eagle has pretty much replaced the jeep. unless the eagle is having an occasional mechanical issue or an electrical gremlin. (gotta fix my headlights now) the jeep will be sold off again once I find a j truck wagoneer or Comanche. should have never bought the jeep. now I got sucked into the amc cult :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 6:14 pm 
Pacer

well i'm a 29 yearold native american redneck with hair down to my ass. i live in colorado, i love star wars as well as most anime and i still own my first AMC which is Eagle Eyes.

viewtopic.php?f=10&t=1003

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 11:29 pm 
Hornet

ok fine guys. lol.

im 30 now. grew up in eastern oregon ranching/logging/farming country. logged for a while, then after 9/11 went into the army. was there for 6 years till i got a medical discharge from injuries in iraq. now live in a nice quiet comunity of about 40 people 50 miles out of town. i raise german rotwiellers. (the really spendy ones) my female rot is my service dog. my stud dog we are working to make him a therapy dog to take to the childrens ward at the hospital. im a gearhead. my day job is a mechanic (auto technition as they call us now) at an independant auto repair shop in said town 50 miles away. (yes i drive that every day) my first amc is my casper car. 62 rambler classic 2 door sedan. i have a 63 american 440H hardtop, honeybadger the badass sx4, and an eagle station wagon. i also have a '79 spirit that is my drag car. i help neighbors alot fixing their farm equipment and other vehicles. untill last spring, i had spent prior 4 years being a tractor/ag mechanic.

WHEN IN DOUBT, BUY MORE BEER!!!!

ASE cert. mechanic 15 years.

http://www.picasaweb.google.com/das24rules

62 rambler classic (casper)
63 rambler american (rosie)
82 eagle sx4 (honeybadger)
82 eagle sw (rottywagon)
79 spirit (drag race car)