It is currently Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:28 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: daytona 500
PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 4:29 pm 
Eagle

speed week has started, so how many follow the nascar race coming up next sunday. nascar has lost the idea of putting the manufacturers against each other, like in the early to 70-80s, I could be less concerned which driver or manufacturer wins, but I still watch part of it. so how many members here also watch

Post subject: Re: daytona 500
PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 5:37 pm 
Site Admin

I never got the appeal of nascar. Care to explain? I've been to huset's(dirt oval track) quite a few times watching the sprint cars, and that's fun, but seems more raw than these fiberglass clone cars racing around a track 500 times.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 6:41 pm 
Eagle

its been along time since ive been to husets once race season starts again you can find a talk show after the race called race track live on kxrb: http://kxrb.com/. I forgot what time the show runs but I know it is on Monday nights with the local track season, and you should be able to listen through the internet off the site. as far as nascar goes ive missed out on the great time perriod when it was more than fiberglass driving around :evil: I would like to see it back in the 70's when they were still using manufacturer produced parts and it was more than the drivers attempting to out drive each other. the manufacturers were competing against each other with designs to get ahead of the competition.
this is the type of race I would like to see, but most likely never will :cry:

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 8:10 pm 
Pacer

i try to catch it when i can but i'm usually working so i don't get to watch it much. i will (hopefully this year) be racing at i25speedway when i finish building my 91 pontiac sunbird for the hornet class.

viewtopic.php?f=10&t=1003

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 8:29 pm 
Hornet

i watch nascar when i can. (well thats how its been the last few years.) i used to be anal about watching the races. i started watching in jeff gordons rookie year, and have always been a jg fan. the last few years have been so boring. but with the new gen6 car, im kinda excited to watch this year! the cars use manufacture hoods, decklids and roof pannels iirc. they let them make the cars closer to the street models, and they do look alot cooler this year. its wierd that i like to WATCH circle track racing, but at the little dirt tracks and all i have been to, the attitues in the pits is shitty. the racers/teams say screw everyone else. however, in drag racing, people are more than willing to help competitors and real friendly. but i cant STAND to watch drag racing. LOVE going to the drag strip with my drag car and running, just get bored watching. lol. and OOOO bigg hooplah about danica crashit on the pole? who gives a shit, shes a woman who i dont see any different than anyone else on the track. other than she sells sex apeal really. screw that. she will wreck and blame it on someone else like she always does. lol.

WHEN IN DOUBT, BUY MORE BEER!!!!

ASE cert. mechanic 15 years.

http://www.picasaweb.google.com/das24rules

62 rambler classic (casper)
63 rambler american (rosie)
82 eagle sx4 (honeybadger)
82 eagle sw (rottywagon)
79 spirit (drag race car)

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 5:15 am 
Pacer

I agree with 1985amceagle ..... restrictor plates, tube chasis, fiberglass bodies isn't nascar at all. They made it all about the driver's ability to make left turns (I know there is more to it than that so noone bitch at me). I wish I was around for the days where it was manufactures building off the wall cars that i could walk into a dealership and buy the exact same car and drive on the street (cause that was the rules back then you had to make X amount of cars for the public to purchase in order to have that specific model run in nascar) "Win on Sunday, Sell on Monday"

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 5:17 am 
Pacer

casper wrote:
and OOOO bigg hooplah about danica crashit on the pole?

:shock: I want to say something SO SO bad right now :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 6:04 am 
Site Admin

I watch maybe one or two races a year, been to a few races years ago, much more interesting than on tv. Local races are by far more interesting yet, no one sandbags because there's no time to, you get much more racing entertainment that way.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 12:14 pm 
Eagle

:o that avatar is just scary

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 12:36 pm 
Site Admin

:lol: I guess I should post the story in the jokes thread, haha.