It is currently Mon Dec 18, 2017 6:50 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 187 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19
 Post subject: Re: Beer!!
PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 3:14 pm 
Javelin

Not a fan of Shocktop. I think the beers are overly sweet and taste artificial. Plus they're made by annheuser-busch, so the money goes straight to a massive corporation that cares nothing about quality ingredients. It's not much of a consolation, but my cheap beers of choice are Miller and Coors. No light beers either, ack.

-TF998 Auto/NP129
-Carter BBD Carb
-MSD Streetfire Ignition/TFI
-Aluminum CJ Radiator
-205/75/R15 General Grabber A/T Tires

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 3:17 pm 
Eagle

I'm from MO so I don't mind giving money to Annheuser...also after many years of drinking the cheap beers I prefer something with a bit more taste. I also have sweet teeth (Yeah, way more than just one sweet tooth!)

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 3:27 pm 
Pacer

Prafeston wrote:
I'm from MO so I don't mind giving money to Annheuser...also after many years of drinking the cheap beers I prefer something with a bit more taste. I also have sweet teeth (Yeah, way more than just one sweet tooth!)

Sad thing is Budweiser is no longer locally owned.. Outside the country type ownership.

Boulevard is the largest brewer locally owned in MO.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 4:01 pm 
Eagle

SpreadEagle wrote:
Prafeston wrote:

Sad thing is Budweiser is no longer locally owned.. Outside the country type ownership.

Boulevard is the largest brewer locally owned in MO.

You are mistaken sir. Bouvlevard was recently bought out by an Belgian Brewery Duvel Moortgat. Just cause they are owned by another company doesn't mean their beer is gonna taste any different. Plus they still make beer here in MO so some of the money is still going local.

http://www.kansascity.com/2014/01/16/47 ... mpany.html

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 4:33 pm 
Pacer

You have a point and I stand corrected.
What I get for using old information.
I was going off of when Budweiser first got sold. Didn't know about the second.

TY...

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 4:39 pm 
Eagle

From what I've read and been told by a friend that has lived in Belgium. Duvel is a great brewery and if anything the buy out might only make their line of beers even better. Time will tell.

Yeah, looks like Yuengling is now the number one American owned brewery. I'm not a fan of that beer at all!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 5:10 pm 
Site Admin

What?! no love for Yuckling?! :lmao: Can't say I prefer their traditional lager, but their dark is mighty tasty. If you are a fan of darks, which judging by the coffee stout praise, you are, give it a shot if you see it, for a low buck case, it's pretty decent.

I still support my local brewery though, from their craft beer to their daily swill, Matt brewery, aka Utica Club, aka West End brewery, aka Saranac puts out a product for almost every beer drinker out there. (They also brew some batches for Brooklyn brewery, and Lake Placid brewery). :blazin:

Oh and tonight, back to the daily swill, UC4me! hahaha

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 187 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19