It is currently Sat Dec 16, 2017 3:09 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 393 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 40  Next
 Post subject: Re: hijack this thread
PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 1:54 am 
Javelin

casper wrote:
mudkicker, just a forwarning on those triton motors!!! i work at an idipendant auto repair shop and have to fix SEVERAL. those motors like to blow plugs out. when they do that, the coil is destroyed with it. you have to have a special tool to rethread the block, put in a special insert and swedge it into the block. SOME inserts call for a different plug that the rest of the cylinders. for some fuckin reason, it seems like its ALWAYS the far rear cylinder on the right bank. the one thats back behind the heater box and all the other shit in the worst place to get to so you cant make DAMNED sure your going STRAIT in the damned hole!!! anyway, good luck with that nagrivator/agrivator. o, and the sensors for them damned air bags are WELL known for going out, and cost about $250 or so to replace. so if you have the air bag suspension, either get rid of the thing, or start saving money to buy the coil spring conversion. it runs around $1200 or so iirc.

sorry my best man is the guy that supplies all of fords warranty replacement parts or just replacements in the great lakes area. so a better dude than a mechanic for what its worth. besides he also talks to the techs. anyway your thinking of the wrong triton motor. the ones with what you say are the older to 2v. i have the new for 05 3v motor. btwi have had 3 other tritons from the so called problem years one is my f150 with 366k another was my p51with 233k and my last was a towncar with 216k. motors worked like a top never a problem.

All right, brain. You don't like me and I don't like you, but let's just do this and I can get back to killing you with beer.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 3:53 pm 
Javelin

I saw this elewhere. Thought it was more expensive than my lincoln haha

All right, brain. You don't like me and I don't like you, but let's just do this and I can get back to killing you with beer.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 4:12 pm 
Eagle

I now want a kit for the eagle!!! I will be able to go through more snow than I can now :P

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 4:25 pm 
Pacer

lol Love all these things that show rigs blasting through the lovely light, powdery snow with ease. Still waiting to see them try slogging their way through the heavy wet shit we get here. :twisted:

A buggy in the shop isn't as hard core as a stocker in the bush

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 5:38 pm 
Site Admin

regalwizard wrote:
lol Love all these things that show rigs blasting through the lovely light, powdery snow with ease. Still waiting to see them try slogging their way through the heavy wet shit we get here. :twisted:

Exactly, let's see it in real life.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 2:54 pm 
Eagle

checked the nest eaglepedia, looks like ie was on and removed smitch. now the've got a blank page instead of steve needs to go

since weve now have a backup, do they know guest can use the eaglepedia without having to login :lol: , that's how I got to use it

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 8:05 pm 
Site Admin

ssshhhhhhhhh Don't tell anyone :mrgreen: .

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 8:05 pm 
Eagle

I think they know that. The guy that set it up is pretty computer ignorant.

1970 Ambassador SST 2 dr Hard Top Coupe
1980 Concord DL 4 dr
1982 Eagle SX/4 Sport

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 8:23 pm 
Site Admin

:lol: :lol: :lol: Something tells me, those guys know a little more than they will admit..

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 8:40 pm 
Eagle

at least they attempted to hide the link. "eaglepedia that sounds familiar", I later found a link in the model years section that I used to get in. it also shows up on google thankfully I no longer need it. :P maybe I should join the nest... there isn't much there I could use for information, so it would not be a big loss like it once would have been.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 393 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 40  Next