It is currently Thu Dec 14, 2017 4:37 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2014 1:30 pm 
Rebel

Location: Englishtown, NJ - Home of the Englishtown Swap Meet
I mentioned in my most recent post in my Eagle's topic that I took my eagle for a nice long drive to see a school and I figured I'd expand on it a little more (hopefully I put it in the right place). I went to go see Drew University a few weeks ago because I had already had been accepted with a 23k a year scholarship! :D We still are going to need a lot more help financially if I want to go there, but it's a great start. They must really want me if they gave me that sum and accepted me a week after I submitted the application and there are only about 1,600 students there. ;) I do have a backup in case this doesn't work out. We'll see what happens.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2014 5:43 pm 
Javelin

I hope it all works out! I am glad to hear you have a backup plan to.

http://s12.photobucket.com/user/amchornet/profile/

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2014 5:59 pm 
Rebel

Backup school is also much cheaper, but is larger than Drew. I'm really intrigued to know what move in day would be like with all of the students stuff packed in minivans, SUV's, and their own small import cars and then I come with all of my stuff packed in an AMC Eagle. :D

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 7:32 pm 
Javelin

I'm a 4th semester student at the moment. I'm not sure what kind of credentials the universities you are looking at have, but one thing you need to really consider is did you earn the scholarship? I know that a lot of colleges will offer large scholarships, but only because it's how they get people to come to their schools. When I was applying for schools, I was offered a 30k scholarship from one of my backup option. After looking into the school a bit and learning more about their programs, it became obvious that their programs weren't even close to those at my other college where I'd be paying full price.

Just a little food for thought.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 11:59 am 
Rebel

dleberfinger wrote:
I'm a 4th semester student at the moment. I'm not sure what kind of credentials the universities you are looking at have, but one thing you need to really consider is did you earn the scholarship? I know that a lot of colleges will offer large scholarships, but only because it's how they get people to come to their schools. When I was applying for schools, I was offered a 30k scholarship from one of my backup option. After looking into the school a bit and learning more about their programs, it became obvious that their programs weren't even close to those at my other college where I'd be paying full price.

Just a little food for thought.

The school does have the program I am interested in, and yes, I did really earn it due to my GPA being at least a 3.8 at my current Community College. I haven't looked at anything that doesn't have what I want.