It is currently Thu Dec 14, 2017 10:10 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: crazy weather!
PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 7:25 pm 
Offline
Javelin

Joined: Sat Apr 06, 2013 10:51 am
Posts: 240
Location: Oshkosh, Wis.
Ok so we havent gotten much snow over the last week but the temps here are nasty. The high temp for monday is going to be -15 f. That is not including the wind chill. It will be intresting to see if the eagle starts on monday. It will be a very very cold packer game on sun.

_________________
1976 hornet sedan 258 with 4.0 fuel injection
1985 eagle sedan 4.0 with fuel injection
jeep 1997 grand cherokee

http://s12.photobucket.com/user/amchornet/profile/


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: crazy weather!
PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 7:31 pm 
Offline
Javelin
User avatar

Joined: Fri Feb 08, 2013 1:03 pm
Posts: 237
Location: manitowoc wi
i am straight across the lake from you. you make it sound so bad :facepalm:

_________________
Image

All right, brain. You don't like me and I don't like you, but let's just do this and I can get back to killing you with beer.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: crazy weather!
PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 2:53 am 
Offline
Javelin

Joined: Sat Apr 06, 2013 10:51 am
Posts: 240
Location: Oshkosh, Wis.
If this weather keeps up I will be able to drive across the lake to meet up with you!! I would rather have all the snow and a little warmer temps than all this cold and no snow. How much did you get from the lake affect snow over there?

_________________
1976 hornet sedan 258 with 4.0 fuel injection
1985 eagle sedan 4.0 with fuel injection
jeep 1997 grand cherokee

http://s12.photobucket.com/user/amchornet/profile/


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: crazy weather!
PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 12:04 pm 
Offline
Javelin
User avatar

Joined: Fri Feb 08, 2013 1:03 pm
Posts: 237
Location: manitowoc wi
About 4" that dissappeared. Wind, salt on driveway, pixiedust wooden shoes.

_________________
Image

All right, brain. You don't like me and I don't like you, but let's just do this and I can get back to killing you with beer.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: crazy weather!
PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 6:03 pm 
Offline
Eagle

Joined: Thu Feb 07, 2013 6:43 pm
Posts: 2030
It's nice and cold here, i think the low was 18 below here today and it got up to 8 below. I don't think I would be able to get the eagle started easily.

_________________
1985 eagle wagon - 258
1987 :amc: Jeep Comanche - 4.0


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: crazy weather!
PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 6:05 pm 
Offline
Hornet
User avatar

Joined: Tue Feb 12, 2013 6:39 pm
Posts: 922
it only got down to -20 so far this year here, and my honeybadger fired up just fine. 2 pumps, and away it went. when adjusted correctly, there should be no problem starting a gas engine in cold weather. a diesel on the other hand...

_________________
dave

WHEN IN DOUBT, BUY MORE BEER!!!!

ASE cert. mechanic 15 years.

http://www.picasaweb.google.com/das24rules

62 rambler classic (casper)
63 rambler american (rosie)
82 eagle sx4 (honeybadger)
82 eagle sw (rottywagon)
79 spirit (drag race car)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: crazy weather!
PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 6:09 pm 
Offline
Eagle

Joined: Thu Feb 07, 2013 6:43 pm
Posts: 2030
casper wrote:
it only got down to -20 so far this year here, and my honeybadger fired up just fine. 2 pumps, and away it went. when adjusted correctly, there should be no problem starting a gas engine in cold weather. a diesel on the other hand...

Are you running a carb or are you running fuel injection?

_________________
1985 eagle wagon - 258
1987 :amc: Jeep Comanche - 4.0


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: crazy weather!
PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 6:19 pm 
Offline
Pacer
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 10, 2013 11:53 pm
Posts: 615
Location: pueblo colorado
1985amceagle wrote:
casper wrote:
it only got down to -20 so far this year here, and my honeybadger fired up just fine. 2 pumps, and away it went. when adjusted correctly, there should be no problem starting a gas engine in cold weather. a diesel on the other hand...

Are you running a carb or are you running fuel injection?

I believe he is running a 2100 on honeybadger. I too have no trouble starting Eagle Eyes in severely cold weather, 3 pumps and she fires right up no problem and i'm running the stock non-feedback carter.

_________________
1980 AMC EAGLE WAGON(DAILY DRIVER/PROJECT) EAGLE EYES
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=1002
1983 AMC EAGLE LIMITED WAGON(PROJECT AND FUTURE DAILY DRIVER) SURVIVOR
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=1003


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: crazy weather!
PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 6:22 pm 
Offline
Pacer

Joined: Sat Jun 01, 2013 3:03 am
Posts: 857
maddog wrote:
1985amceagle wrote:
casper wrote:
it only got down to -20 so far this year here, and my honeybadger fired up just fine. 2 pumps, and away it went. when adjusted correctly, there should be no problem starting a gas engine in cold weather. a diesel on the other hand...

Are you running a carb or are you running fuel injection?

I believe he is running a 2100 on honeybadger. I too have no trouble starting Eagle Eyes in severely cold weather, 3 pumps and she fires right up no problem and i'm running the stock non-feedback carter.

I've got a 21xx on Kammy and for all the issues with running It starts well in the cold too..


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: crazy weather!
PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 6:31 pm 
Offline
Eagle

Joined: Thu Feb 07, 2013 6:43 pm
Posts: 2030
I'm sure i could have got it started if I needed it too had the entertainment of watching some kids attempt to start a ford probe. They didn't get that far. The local news media even ran a story.

_________________
1985 eagle wagon - 258
1987 :amc: Jeep Comanche - 4.0


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

All times are UTC - 8 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
Reputation System ©