It is currently Sat Dec 16, 2017 9:57 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Impreza Forum
PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2013 4:28 pm 
Eagle

The folks over at the Impreza forum sure don't seem very friendly. I think I'm done posting over there. I've started 2 threads on there and both were closed within minutes. My first one was a month or so ago when I was making an introduction thread and asking for some advice on looking at an Impreza I had found on craigslist. The first and only reply was from a mod just 3 minutes after I posted it and it had a very generic response about buying a car with over 200k miles and that I should spend money on a good mechanic to look it over...and then it was locked by said mod. My thread was posted in the Newbies & FAQs forum. On top of asking some questions I was also just introducing myself as a Subaru fan and saying hi. I PMed the mod that locked my thread and asked him why he did that. He basically said they aren't there to decide on what car I should purchase. Okay...thanks for the help!

Then today I made a post in the Off-Topic forum about my AMC Eagle and asking people to vote for it in the Gumout contest if they felt inclined to. I had a couple people respond positively saying they always liked Eagles and that they'd vote. I had several others asking who the heck I was and overall being negative and saying they wouldn't vote for me. Then a mod stepped in just 30 minutes after my original post and locked the thread down. Saying to stop whoring them for votes. And that Off-topic does not take kindly to beggars.

Wow, they sure are giving me a warm welcome over there. I also mentioned, after people were asking who I was and why my post count was so low, that I joined the forum because I was on the look out for an Impreza but hadn't had any luck yet. That mod also said something along the lines of You can't find an Impreza? They aren't rare! I have a budget and I'm picky. Damn! So yeah, I thought it was cool that the Impreza forum had such a huge member base, but now I'm just realizing it's full of a bunch of a-holes! Sure makes me love the small community we have here!

Post subject: Re: Impreza Forum
PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2013 4:44 pm 
Eagle

that sounds like they have a crappy moderator..... or steve owns the forum over there

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2013 4:46 pm 
Pacer

Wow. I agree that locking your intro thread in the newbie section was a dick move, but I have to play devils advocate here on asking for votes. If you were a long time, well established member, that's one thing. But for some random stranger (this being from their p.o.v.) to come on, asking for votes/likes/etc, that's a perfectly normal response, one you're more than likely to get on any forum where you're new. Sucks major donkey balls, but at the risk of being an arsehole myself, what'd you expect? "Oh hi person who's just joined, never contributed to this community & none of us have a clue who you are. Sure, we'll help you get something for nothing!". Might want to stick to Eagles, Rafe, at least you know the overall mentality of the owners. :cheers:

A buggy in the shop isn't as hard core as a stocker in the bush

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2013 4:55 pm 
Eagle

Sure is making me second guess getting a Subaru all together!

I get that maybe some people would be negative about my thread. But I did post it in the Off-Topic forum. Didn't think it warranted getting shut down. I was actually just starting to get into a discussion with someone about AMC Eagles when the thread was locked.

I'm just saying, so far that forum is not off to a good start with me. I've started only two threads and both were locked in minutes! Oh well. I just felt like venting a bit!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2013 5:06 pm 
Rebel

Sounds like all assholes to me. I certainly got a warmer welcome here. And dig it!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2013 5:08 pm 
Eagle

if you buy a Subaru, put an EVO sticker on it :) we could try to help out some at least. :epiphany: get a Brat, those are cool.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2013 5:18 pm 
AMX

Was that the dirty impreza Rafe?
If it was, odd. I became a member over there awhile back and posted up an intro thread with the SX and saying I didn't even own a Subie and had no problems. Even got them to send me some of their cards.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2013 5:31 pm 
Eagle

No it was on the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club. NASIOC Forum. Didn't know about the dirtyimpreza forum.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2013 5:32 pm 
Eagle

1985amceagle wrote:
if you buy a Subaru, put an EVO sticker on it :) we could try to help out some at least. :epiphany: get a Brat, those are cool.

I'd love to own a Brat, but I'm looking to buy a car that is a little newer. I'm leaning towards an older Focus now. Good on gas! Small, but has all the creature comforts I don't get in the Festiva! :)

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2013 3:01 am 
Pacer

I also found assholes like that at the Grand Am Owners forum, and a few others.

I know this subaru club is in western Canada, but they might be better: http://www.westernsubaruclub.com/smf/index.php

I don't bother with most forum sites anymore. too many assholes everywhere.