It is currently Tue Dec 12, 2017 7:57 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 6:49 pm 
Rogue

I don't know how many of you (well...ok, I pretty much know who because we're friends on Facebook) are active on any of the AMC Eagle pages on Facebook, but I have had a lot of fun tooling around on them...especially with how mobile Facebook has become. It's funny because I am slowly putting faces with "user names". Also, Instagram! I know Rafe and I follow each other, and there are a few others too. About once a week, I search "AMC Eagle" in Instagram and begin following people posting pics of their Eagles on there. For me, it has been a way that I've really made some good "online friends" through Eagles and outside of just the forums.

Here is a list of AMC pages I belong to:
AMC Evolution (obviously!)
AMC Eagle Drivers
Mud's AMC Eagle Fan Page (Probably the best on Facebook because it is private....people can't just "join")
North Coast AMC (my home club for AMO)
And...Abandoned and Neglected Vehicles....not AMC specific, but there are some pretty cool pics on here.

And on Instagram, for those who use it, I am drock1987 (just drock87 was unfortunately taken).

1985 AMC Eagle
1988 Lincoln Town Car

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 7:04 pm 
Eagle

We are so fortunate to have all these tools at our disposal. Can you imagine trying to build a hot rod in the 30s with nothing but the owners manual and a couple friends willing to try something crazy! :) Now there are tutorials on forums and videos and pictures. It sure makes things easier on us!

And with all the photo sharing it makes it fun to see everyone's progress!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 7:17 pm 
Rogue

I've mentioned this before, but when I got "Eagle No. 1" way back in 2002...there was really no Nest (or it was just getting started), I had dial-up internet, and no where to get parts. I sadly had to scrap the car because I had no one to help me find parts and make it run properly. Now, thanks to the forums, eBay, Facebook, YouTube, etc. I actually do most of my own work now, can find parts, and actually use and enjoy my car (after its fixed!). It's totally changed the AMC game because we don't have aftermarket support, just each other!

1985 AMC Eagle
1988 Lincoln Town Car

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 7:18 pm 
AMX

Aw, thanks for the compliment of the Mud group Drock :D

I had an Instagram account but changed phones and forgot my login info :lol: Didn't post a ton there anyways but did love the effects you could add to pics.
Need to reinstall the app and get it figured out.

I agree! Very thankful for all the places we can go nowadays... and the wonderful, friendly AMC people.
Also, don't forget (though not Eagle specific, still handy to have around) theAMCForum.com, amccars.net, "American Motors Corporation" fb group & "The AMC (American Motors Corporation) Fan Club as well as Hudson & Nash" fb group.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 4:46 am 
Eagle

I remember those days well, when there was little to nothing for AMC Eagle owners, and perhaps a bit more for other AMC cars. The internet has really made it possible to broaden the availability of materials and advice.

1970 Ambassador SST 2 dr Hard Top Coupe
1980 Concord DL 4 dr
1982 Eagle SX/4 Sport

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 5:00 am 
Pacer

very few can place a face with my name cause well I don't get my picture taken enough to have a picture to put up and I really enjoy the look on people's faces when they realize that the hobo looking asshole in front of them is TheReverendBill :lmao:

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 10:25 am 
Pacer

Mud wrote:
Aw, thanks for the compliment of the Mud group Drock :D

I had an Instagram account but changed phones and forgot my login info :lol: Didn't post a ton there anyways but did love the effects you could add to pics.
Need to reinstall the app and get it figured out.

I agree! Very thankful for all the places we can go nowadays... and the wonderful, friendly AMC people.
Also, don't forget (though not Eagle specific, still handy to have around) theAMCForum.com, amccars.net, "American Motors Corporation" fb group & "The AMC (American Motors Corporation) Fan Club as well as Hudson & Nash" fb group.

There's also a page called AMC Muscle cars. More someone's page for their shop & AMC muscle cars they restore. Still some cool pictures there too.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 5:35 pm 
Site Admin

Back when I first built the malibu, there was no online help, everything I did I learned by trial and error (and help from my elders). I can see why sooooo many projects have been abandon, the common man/woman doesn't have the background to take on a full blown restoration of a decrepit vehicle. The modern era has made it worlds easier for the younger generation coming up with little to no knowledge of the vehicles they find, to make a reliable vehicle they can enjoy for years to come. In all honesty, the nest really didn't help me all that much, my own research with my available resources got me further. Sure a few things like identifying axle ratios, and option identification was a help, but for the most part, I used the nest to share my findings on how to retro fit eagles to modern, more available parts.