It is currently Thu Dec 14, 2017 2:09 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Family Vehicle
PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 2:08 pm 
Pacer

Today a listing showed up on Craigslist for an 85 Wagon.. Asked the wife if she'd drive a wagon and she goes sure.. When discussing how we's afford it the wife replies. "Wonder if they'd take the van in trade?" :banana:

Awesome I'm thinking except I owe relatives $1500 or more for the engine they put in it.... :waah:

Now I'm sitting here thinking about the Griswold and me driving a wagon. :wtf:

Maybe some day it'll be a family vacation With us running it through the mud and the kids laughing at the fun they are having. :lmao: :lmao:

Post subject: Re: Family Vehicle
PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 2:38 pm 
Javelin

I'm sure I'll get chastised for this and as much as I love Eagles and station wagons, if I had to have a family car(I'm single), it would be more modern with newer safety features. When I was married my wife drove a minvan and I loved that thing. Plenty of room and decent mpg.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 2:52 pm 
Site Admin

EW minivans. I know they are practical and all but just snip your balls off and hand em to the dealer.

But then again I don't have kids or a wife so yeah... probably don't listen to me! haha

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 2:55 pm 
Pacer

I'd keep the Minivan.. but I'm just thinking of the Griswold's on a 4x4 vacation.. Though Rafe was not able to get any pictures of the vehicle yet. I'll try and mail him after work.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 5:13 pm 
Site Admin

I have little hate for minivans, they're so versatile, who could hate the them? Room for cargo, people, air mattress :lmao: , what's not to like? Personally I'd likely never own one (unless it was an astrovan or similar with a big block :twisted: ), but I can't argue with their utility and comfort sides.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 5:31 pm 
AMX

I am not a fan of minivans myself... but big ass full size vans are AWESOME! Wouldn't mind the VW 4x4 van either, our friend Clay like dirt had one that he brought from Alaska... loved it!
The bf had an Aerostar when we met, kinda liked it as we could take the rear seats out and have a rolling party :banana:
We went and looked at an old HUGE Econoline once... iirc it had a 460 in it and was converted to 4x4, flat black and huge custom bumpers... it was a BEAST!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 8:10 pm 
Hornet

I took an old '65 Dodge A series pickup with slant 6 and made it 4x4.

(like this one)

Attachments:
1969dodgea100pkup071609.jpg
1969dodgea100pkup071609.jpg [ 83.02 KiB | Viewed 742 times ]

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 3:40 am 
Pacer

as I have a wife and 4 children a minivan is the once vehicle that we MUST own. We've had in the past a ford areostar (garbage), GMC astro (good but the 1995 year is a royal pain in the ass cause there are a few 1 year only parts), a dodge caravan (gen 3) and our current van that is a 2002 Chrysler Town and Country. If looking for a van go right to the pentastar because they are probably the most comfotable to drive and they last.

In all honesty an eagle as a family car is alot more safer than most of the other cars on the road because there are no plastic bumpers backed with foam that is then backed with a piece of light weight metal. the metal is thicker on an eagle than any modern van, and no air bags. I have driven 3 out of my 4 children home from the hospital in an AMC.

what it all boils down to is what are you comfortable with having your family in?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 4:21 am 
Pacer

thereverendbill wrote:
as I have a wife and 4 children a minivan is the once vehicle that we MUST own. We've had in the past a ford areostar (garbage), GMC astro (good but the 1995 year is a royal pain in the ass cause there are a few 1 year only parts), a dodge caravan (gen 3) and our current van that is a 2002 Chrysler Town and Country. If looking for a van go right to the pentastar because they are probably the most comfotable to drive and they last.

In all honesty an eagle as a family car is alot more safer than most of the other cars on the road because there are no plastic bumpers backed with foam that is then backed with a piece of light weight metal. the metal is thicker on an eagle than any modern van, and no air bags. I have driven 3 out of my 4 children home from the hospital in an AMC.

what it all boils down to is what are you comfortable with having your family in?

Funny you say that because the wife wants a new T&C. I Like Mopar vans.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 4:50 am 
Pacer

SpreadEagle wrote:
thereverendbill wrote:

Funny you say that because the wife wants a new T&C. I Like Mopar vans.

out of all of them I have to say I like the T&C the most ...... I have personally driven it from my place as far south as maryland (where we bought it) to as far north as shaggs place. we are getting on average 19.5 mpgs in total stock form so it's damned good on gas and the best part is I picked it up for like 700 bucks needing a windshield, rear glass, and new cluster (dealer nailled me for like 1100 bucks) but all in all we're in it under the fair book value and it's loaded with options.

as with any car I own I am a member of a forum for the make and model and the forum I like hands down for the chrysler van is http://forum.chryslerminivan.net
if considering a chrysler take in mind that the trans is the weak link so make sure to smell the fluid and as soon as you get it in your procession get the trans serviced and keep on top of the fluid level and filter changes