It is currently Thu Dec 14, 2017 4:47 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 36 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2013 2:21 pm 
AMX

I'm not a fan either. But there wasn't much choice here in town as far as dealerships go. I wanted to be able to take it to the dealership whenever I needed to for servicing. Otherwise I probably would've gotten a VW.

Went out to get a closer look at things now that the engine has cooled down. Not leaking from the oil pressure switch (which is on the driver side), it's leaking on the passenger side. There is wet oil near the head.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2013 3:38 pm 
AMX

Starting to not look good... a PT forum is saying something about cylinder head and/or block. Too low to be the valve cover, too high to be the oil pan.
Looks like the plans on getting the Eagle closer to done might be delayed... I think I am going to be sick!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2013 3:48 pm 
Hornet

can you get me any decent pics of the oil leak?

WHEN IN DOUBT, BUY MORE BEER!!!!

ASE cert. mechanic 15 years.

http://www.picasaweb.google.com/das24rules

62 rambler classic (casper)
63 rambler american (rosie)
82 eagle sx4 (honeybadger)
82 eagle sw (rottywagon)
79 spirit (drag race car)

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2013 12:16 am 
Pacer

I hate those things as they are in all aspects a dodge neon with a different body. now if was able to do what I want to do to one I don't think anyone would really be able to recognize it once I was done with it.

viewtopic.php?f=10&t=1003

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2013 5:28 pm 
AMX

Not much yet since no shops are open on Sundays.
But here is what I have as far as new info goes (pics included):

Reset the computer yesterday evening.
No lights on to or from work.
Checked oil a few times today, still above the 'fill' line but can see a slight decrease each time.
After the engine cooled we wiped all oil off. Checked filter and plug and they were good.
After a bit came back to check and we have oil all on the backside (towards windshield) at the seam between the head and block. More-so of a leak on the passenger side still. Nothing on the front of the engine.
Checked coolant it is full, not discolored and has never overheated. Did the test where you pull the radiator cap and start car, no bubbling or spewing (signs of a blown head gasket) but did notice my oil light was back on and pulled the P0522 code yet again.

Not the best pics in the world but it is ridiculously cramped in there.
It took 2 people, 3 hands, an iPhone, a flashlight and a mirror perfectly coordinated at odd angles.
You can kinda see the aluminum head in each pic and right below you will notice the oil glistening.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2013 6:52 pm 
Pacer

Mud wrote:
My luck has sucked lately....

Have been having issues with my 05 PT Loser

LOLOLOL, Too bad Keith (a good friend here in Calgary) wasn't online on this forum. He's had a PT 'Loser' ( :lmao: ) and He went thru about a hundred issues with his also. Ok, not a hundred, but from the list he rattled off, felt like a hundred.

Sorry to hear.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2013 7:31 pm 
AMX

Whuntmore wrote:
Mud wrote:
My luck has sucked lately....

Have been having issues with my 05 PT Loser

LOLOLOL, Too bad Keith (a good friend here in Calgary) wasn't online on this forum. He's had a PT 'Loser' ( :lmao: ) and He went thru about a hundred issues with his also. Ok, not a hundred, but from the list he rattled off, felt like a hundred.
Sorry to hear.

I take it that he no longer has his Loser? :lol: Smart move!
I feel like I have had a 100 issues with this damn thing too.
Bought it new in early 2005...
- at under 12k mi the cd player laser stopped reading and the radio screen stopped displaying info. Went to dealership service department and complained. They wanted $300 for a new one, I told them I could get a fucking Alpine, Pioneer, Sony or some other name brand stereo with a fancy-smancy screen for cheaper than that... they replaced it.
- under 20k mi I started having my check engine light come on randomly. Brought it in, of course light wasn't on but they hooked it up anyways and found nothing. They told me to bring it in when the light was on and I told them it was random and most of the time it came on it would be on my way to work or after their hours of operation. Finally months and months later, I was able to catch the light on and bring it in.... oil sending unit replaced.
- under 30k mi check engine light starts coming on randomly again. Take it in and they stick it on the machine. Bad seal on gas cap... replaced.
- every 2k-3k mi that damn check engine light pops up along with that loose gas cap code. After the first few times I went and bought a locking gas cap for the damn thing, thinking someone was fucking with me.
- Now under 44k mi oil light and engine light randomly coming on for reasons I mentioned in this post. Along with the P0522 & P0457 codes.

Most of it has luckily not been a huge deal but it's been super annoying and never ending. I swear that P0457 error in a permanent bipolar gremlin that is going to be the death of me one day. I can fill the tank up, lock that damn cap and the fucking thing will be fine for awhile then one day around a 1/2 a tank or so... BAM, P0457 :sly:

This is fucking ridiculous!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2013 7:36 pm 
Pacer

Yes, he sold his, and got a Grand Cherokee. I think he also said he didn't get much for it in Trade-in.

Man, that is a shitty bunch of crap going on.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 11:18 am 
Pacer

Not to hijack but I remember when they were coming out it was told that they were going to be a roadster. and have a 318 in them.. Would of been a better idea, more dependable. But insurance companies didn't like that.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 1:07 pm 
Hornet

Sounds like the shop didn't tighten the drain plug (look for oil there first) or the filter (left the old filter gasket on?) or the oil pressure sender is leaking. First two are shop malfeasance but the last is maintenance or injury (shop monkey hit it with a wrench while changing oil).

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 36 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next