It is currently Sun Dec 10, 2017 9:41 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 9:00 pm 
Eagle

:? I thought we were slowly getting bought out by every other country, oh well, I guess when the shit finally hits the fan, I'm going up north to Canada. Might have to take a detour to Mexico as I want a VAM larma to badge as an amc to confuse more people than Doug has been on his travels to car shows. Maybe I could make one...

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 6:42 am 
Eagle

The fella who resided my house this year says there are still a lot of them central mexico. The folks down there love their old AMC's.

1970 Ambassador SST 2 dr Hard Top Coupe
1980 Concord DL 4 dr
1982 Eagle SX/4 Sport

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 11:34 am 
Pacer

Personally speaking, I don't think this should have been brought here, but I'm all for freedom of speech, so...

This was originally started in 2009 by someone who was probably pissed off at progressive (for whatever reason) and and then sent this propaganda email around. Just like the one on Target chain stores, and just like all the others.

Chain emails are bullshit. They are usually put out there to drive someone's else's agenda.

Now, that being said, some of the stuff is partly true (which usually there are half-truths to make the rest plausible):

From Progressive:

George Soros is not affiliated with Progressive. He’s never worked for the company nor does he serve on its Board of Directors. You can find more information on our Board of Directors here:http://www.progressive.com/progressive-insurance/leadership/.

Peter Lewis dad started Progressive. Peter is a Non-executive Chairman of the Board.

From Wikipedia:
Lewis frequently donates money to charities and political groups. He is a patron of the arts and supports many artistic pursuits. Lewis's personal and corporate contemporary art collection is well known—the corporate collection is displayed at Progressive Insurance offices. In September 2012 Lewis signed the Giving Pledge promising to give at least half his wealth to charity.

Lewis has made donations to:
Princeton University (A Gehry designed science library, $60 million; the Lewis-Sigler Institute for Integrative Genomics, $55 million; Arts initiative, $101 million. Total $233 million to date.)
Case Western Reserve University (The Weatherhead School of Management Peter B. Lewis Building, another Gehry design, $36.9 million, out of $61.7 total building cost)
Marijuana Policy Project (Donated $3,000,000 to MPP in 2007.)
The Guggenheim Museum ($50 million)
America Coming Together and MoveOn.org (with George Soros matching his $10 and $2.5 million, respectively)
American Civil Liberties Union $15m
The Democratic Party
Multidisciplinary Association for Psychedelic Studies-sponsored MDMA/PTSD Research in the US, Switzerland and Israel $750,000 [www.maps.org]
Menorah Park (Peter B. Lewis Aquatic & Therapy Center)
Traction
Support of California's Proposition 19 also known as the Regulate, Control & Tax Cannabis Act (Donation of $159,005 on 10/15/2010)
Support for Washington Initiative 502 with contributions totaling over $1.5m.

http://www.snopes.com/politics/business/peterlewis.asp

None of these organizations are horrible. Most of them are "For the People"

Move on.org,
is a 'give the power back to the people and not let corps control', kind of organization then anything else. Is that soo bad?
http://front.moveon.org/about/#.UeV23halaBw

Winter break/xmas break was pushed by the School board, to stay politically correct (who was probably pushed by parents and religious groups)

I can find dozens of sites (the Gazette, The Seattle Times, Stephen Wise, who chairs the K-12 Committee in the Florida Senate) wrote stories and/or commented about the xmas break/winter break debate.

This has nothing to do with Peter Lewis.

C'mon, you know what some people are like?? they get their back up, and start bitchin' to the congressmen about they feel it's not right about saying Xmas instead of Winter Break. Then even did a whole show on 'South Park' about it.

Other Holidays during our Xmas:
Chanukah / Hanukkah
Eid,
Yule,
Kwanzaa,
etc.

Someone didn't like Peter's agenda (Either he was knocking Prez Bush too much, or trying to give power back to the people, or the issue about him wanting to allow people in constant pain to be allowed to use medical Marijuana), and someone wanted to discredit him. I'm guessing several rich and powerful people got together and found ways to make Peter look like an asshole. This whole thing screams "smear campaign."

He might be an asshole, but looking up the organizations he donates to, he doesn't seem all bad.

I can't find anything about the 'Gay' boyscout's leaders, or the other crap.

And besides, the winter break/Xmas break is the same issue -as far as I'm concerned - as using the term "Retarded".

What is the opposite of advance? Retard. (do I advance the spark? no, you have to retard it) but some people used it as a derogatory term, and others got bent about it, now it's a 'shunned word'.

So now I have to say "no, you retar... you mentally challenge the spark" WTSF is that?

During that same year, 2009 in Jerusalem, Israel the Lobby for Jewish Values, with support of the Jerusalem Rabbinate, has handed out fliers condemning Christmas and have called for a boycott of "restaurants and hotels that sell or put up Christmas trees and other 'foolish' Christian symbols".

Besides, Dig deep into most Corporations, and you'll find crap. The cars you buy, the grocery chains you buy your food at, Wal-mart, clothing retailers and manufactures, and the list goes on.

There used to be a book called, "Shopping for a Better Tomorrow" and it used to have all the corp's listed in A to Z, and who they dealt with. Book got totally squashed, and I can't find a trace of it anywhere. I used to own a copy.

The other book still in print is "The Corporation" by Joel Bakan. A law was enacted in 1886 by the supreme court stating the the corp is now a separate entity, and is protected by the 14th amendment rights. There are more laws protecting a Corporation, then punishes it.

For those who think Canada is soo quant and nice should read, "The Black Book of English Canada".

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 4:07 pm 
Hornet

Actually, read about the Black Donellys.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 4:18 pm 
Hornet

Night Path, the same oppressive rat bastards that took over here are in charge there as well. All one World Order sig heilers

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 9:30 pm 
Pacer

Ok, I know I didn't help the situation any here, but this is getting really depressing :waah:

I think I'm gonna avoid this post now...

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 2:38 pm 
Hornet

To show you how "truthful" Snopes is, the picture they claim is NOT Treyvon Martin is posted on BETV and his own father says that it's him. Soros "owns" Snopes (he's the bankroller)

http://www.bet.com/news/national/photos ... ealeased-7

Now do you believe his own people or ?

This is NOT an anti-black thing (I have a number of intelligent friends who are NOT caucasian and I am 1/2 native myself) It's being PO'd that the politicians and main stream media are LYING to all of us to stir things up and start a race war.