It is currently Mon Dec 18, 2017 6:53 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 41 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 7:06 pm 
Eagle

I was thinking job loss...either way doesn't sound good. :(

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 7:10 pm 
Pacer

Shagg got it right. Kind of a dual fault thing, we both screwed up by going way too fast. Funny thing is (well, funny to me), not two months after we called it quits, he's showing all the classic signs of having found someone new. :lol: Ah well, once the paperwork is done, I'll just chalk it up to another of life's learning experiences. :cheers:

We just haven't broadcasted the "news" yet, as we don't want to have to deal with well-intentioned friends & family offering their sympathy. Nothing to be sympathetic about, we're not hurting. : )

A buggy in the shop isn't as hard core as a stocker in the bush

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 7:11 pm 
Eagle

sorry to hear about that. just noticed something else, look at the authors name in the article, im glad I don't have that name. :lol:

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 7:16 pm 
Site Admin

Well, at least you didn't make the the move all the way down here to only have that happen. Kinda puts a hitch in the diesel school plans though, eh?

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 7:25 pm 
Pacer

Diesel school, yeah, school in general, no. With striping parts off the Eagle, I got to seriously reconsidering my wanting to be a mechanic, since I don't currently have the physical strength for it, nor am I likely to build it up any time soon. But I do want to be in some sort of mechanical field, which led me to thinking on a parts counter job, preferably farm or heavy equipment. We'll see how this year goes, gotta get those Eagle parts out to Dean & the boys, go visit my dad, & hopefully go visit my best friend over in Ontario (haven't seen him in friggin' forever, so that would be a sweet trip).

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 7:38 pm 
Site Admin

I'll offer a bit here since I'm in the field, I opted for parts since I didn't to burn myself out on working on my own junk (did that years ago in the bicycle world). Parts has it's good times and bad, get with the biggest company you can, preferably a dealer, aftermarket is bullshit, you might as well flip burgers as the money is shit (unless management position, but still too much bullshit). Being computer savvy wil get you a long ways, as most parts people are aging, and don't have the fingertip knowledge of our generation (IE: it's a good time to get in and make yourself look good). Currently at my new job, everyday I'm showing my manager something new about the computer system, kind of adds to the job security end of things. Oh and phone skills, and customer relation skills, if you have them, you're golden. Other than that, brush up on your mind reading skills, you'll need them, any one who has worked parts, can verify that one, lol.

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 7:43 pm 
Pacer

lol I hear ya, just as a customer I've stood back & just listened, trying to guess what this hours idiot is trying to get. :lol: For me it's phone skills that I need to work on - I HATE phones! Just flat out hate them; if it weren't for text I'd have gotten rid of my cell phone years ago. I'm kinda hoping with farm or heavy equipment I'll have a better time of it (never for a moment being stupid enough to think it'll be easy :roll: ). Will definitely keep in mind the dealer angle, thanks! :cheers:

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 7:51 pm 
Site Admin

Best advise I can give, even though it doesn't pertain to h/e farm, go on the eaglepedia and teach yourself how to use a parts manual, know how to fully use your resources will get you much farther than just knowing how to punch buttons. Best thing I ever did, was learn the books the old school way, made the computer systems an absolute breeze.

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 4:56 am 
Eagle

Shagg wrote:
Best advise I can give, even though it doesn't pertain to h/e farm, go on the eaglepedia and teach yourself how to use a parts manual, know how to fully use your resources will get you much farther than just knowing how to punch buttons. Best thing I ever did, was learn the books the old school way, made the computer systems an absolute breeze.

I never thought of the parts manuals in the EVO Wiki as a do It yourself partsperson tutorial. But you are right? Learning how to identify the right part, via a manual, is an excellent idea. Year, make, model and engine size is only the beginning to get the right part.

1970 Ambassador SST 2 dr Hard Top Coupe
1980 Concord DL 4 dr
1982 Eagle SX/4 Sport

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 8:59 am 
Metropolitan

Back on topic.
Some pictures I made of an early Cherokee in a small French car museum, you can almost "smell" the Eagle roots.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 41 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next