It is currently Fri Dec 15, 2017 9:34 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: your alias
PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 1:33 pm 
Javelin

How did you get it. mine is simple. I always had a 4x4. started with 73 a jeep commando. a few 1/2 dozen after that jeeps. than i got this puppy. i built th hell out of that motor. back when i did it it cist 4k.

otherwise the motor lives on in a 50 ford pickup. i thoight i upgraded to a diesel ford. however i learned the hard way i hate diesel. butt i have always been known mk i only recently added 715 to it after i noticed google brings up a rock band ir somthing. besides 715 is a kick ass jeep besides my house address

sorry for the pic of a pic. i really do no pics anymore.
Qp

All right, brain. You don't like me and I don't like you, but let's just do this and I can get back to killing you with beer.

Post subject: Re: your alias
PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 1:46 pm 
Pacer

I've got two, the "regalwizard" I got way back in 8th-or-so grade, when my friend insisted that I have an email address (never minding that we had no internet at home :smh: ), & that was a random screen name that was generated, just kinda stuck with me since. The second one I go by is "Silver Eagle", usually on the Jeep/4x4 sites, since I wheeled a silver AMC Eagle. I'm tending to keep that one more, since it's got a better history & memories behind it. :cheers:

A buggy in the shop isn't as hard core as a stocker in the bush

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 1:47 pm 
Eagle

I just used the model year and make/model of my eagle, I know, its not that creative

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 1:59 pm 
Javelin

Its sort of funny you guys shorten my alis at times. so do my budds. instead of saying is paul there, somtimes its is mk there. btw :facepalm: my real initials are prs. just kind of weird when wifey answers.

All right, brain. You don't like me and I don't like you, but let's just do this and I can get back to killing you with beer.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 2:03 pm 
Javelin

Also forgot to mention we were going through old photos when i saw that pic of my baby of years gone by.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 2:28 pm 
Eagle

Mine is pretty easy too. Rafe Preston most emails suggested prafe or p.rafe etc. and to this day that is my eBay account username, but then in high school I realized I could just add the end of my last name back on to prafe. So I successfully merged both names into one...adding only 2 letters. PRafESTON.

It's not a nickname or anything...everyone just calls me Rafe, but when I sign up for sites online Prafeston is never taken so it's just what I've always used.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 4:38 pm 
AMX

Mine actually started from this, mainly because I LOVED the song when it came out (and still do). I would often go around singing it and therefore Mud stuck.

I have also always wanted a Mudpuppy, I think they are cute. So some places I just use Mud and others I use MudPuppy, which I have used both since at least Jr. High.
Here's some of my old stuff from the school days
ImageImage

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 6:32 pm 
Hornet

casper is the name of my '62 rambler classic. it (and me) started getting called casper when i got home from iraq. i had put on '00 mustang gt disk brakes, and '05 mustang gt 17" wheels. everyone always wanted to race that car. i was at my friends house one night and he wanted to go race me with his 10 second 1/4 mile g-body regal. told him fat chance in hell, hed be done with the 1/4 mile before i even got to 2nd gear. popped the hood for him to see a nice little 196 cube engine and 3 speed column shift manul trans. he said "that car is a casper lookin son of a bitch, not sleeper, but other way around". lol. said it looks like it should be nasty on the streets, but just putters around. lol. so, everyone in my unit started calling me and the car casper. so now its just what i stick with.

WHEN IN DOUBT, BUY MORE BEER!!!!

ASE cert. mechanic 15 years.

http://www.picasaweb.google.com/das24rules

62 rambler classic (casper)
63 rambler american (rosie)
82 eagle sx4 (honeybadger)
82 eagle sw (rottywagon)
79 spirit (drag race car)

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 6:51 pm 
Rogue

I had gone back into the house after finding our Eagle's rear hatch glass broken out. After calling some local auto glass shops and being told they couldn't find a replacement. I went online to find a new glass and stumbled on the other forum's site.

For some reason a picture of the Eagle badge on the pillar behind the front doors appeared in my head as I was sitting at the computer. I altered the spelling to make "eagle-beak" uniquely "mine".

I never did find a new glass anywhere. I did come on an Eagle in the junkyard and relieved it of its rear hatch. While I was upfront paying for it a yard employee threw it into the car and forked the entire car to the crusher. :waah:

I bought a sheet of heavy-gauge plastic, cut it to fit the hatch opening and glued it in. I drove the car that way for a couple of years before a local Nash/AMC collector produced a used glass for me. :eagle:

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 6:53 pm 
Pacer

^ Sssooooooo....... I should save the wagon's hatch glass, I take it? Image

A buggy in the shop isn't as hard core as a stocker in the bush