It is currently Mon Dec 11, 2017 5:14 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Re: what car
PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 11:36 am 
Pacer

Sad to say there isn't any, it was prior to the popularity of cell phones (13 years ago). All I remember was that they stuffed material that would float everywhere that it wouldn't melt, then stuck tape around the doors. Also sealed the firewall...I think their first idea was to use it as a hotbox (puff puff), then they checked to see what else it could do.

Man, that thing was rallied, floated and beat pretty bad. He sold it for I think $3-400 when he was done lol.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 11:46 am 
Site Admin

Jeep Commando, AMC Rambler, Pacer Wagon.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 12:58 pm 
Eagle

p0wn wrote:
Jeep Commando, AMC Rambler, Pacer Wagon.

I'd love several different AMCs! 50s Rambler wagon, Pacer, Gremlin, Javelin.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 3:26 pm 
Eagle

Nightpath wrote:
The CVT that they put in the autos DESTROYS them. CVT is shit, no..worse than shit.

Patriot manual is a nice sweet ride, good priced new to boot. Definitely the way to go if replacing the Eagle with something new and cost effective.

Mine is the CVT with the off road range. They have a bad reputation and I really don't know why? I really like mine and it accelerates nicely with zero problems. I heard the 2014 version may come with a 6 speed automatic.

1970 Ambassador SST 2 dr Hard Top Coupe
1980 Concord DL 4 dr
1982 Eagle SX/4 Sport

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 3:33 pm 
Eagle

I had to figure out what a jeep patriot was, looks a lot like a modernized jeep xj, but with round headlights.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 3:47 pm 
Site Admin

Other than the obvious XJ, a GM (yup I said it) G body wagon fitted with an s10 front driveline. I'm a long time fan of the G body (malibu, cutlass, grand national aka regal, grand prix, lemans, grand am, monte carlo, elcamino, caballero), they were just a good solid platform, the drive lines were second to a yugo (minus the 79 H/O and Turbo cars), but the chassis' were spot on. With a few mods, you have a car that will either hook like glue at the strip, or corner like a race car, or just leave it stock for that cadillac cruiser ride that's second to none. This is daily driver car remember :blazin: .

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 4:27 pm 
AMX

Shagg wrote:
Other than the obvious XJ, a GM (yup I said it) G body wagon fitted with an s10 front driveline. I'm a long time fan of the G body (malibu, cutlass, grand national aka regal, grand prix, lemans, grand am, monte carlo, elcamino, caballero), they were just a good solid platform, the drive lines were second to a yugo (minus the 79 H/O and Turbo cars), but the chassis' were spot on. With a few mods, you have a car that will either hook like glue at the strip, or corner like a race car, or just leave it stock for that cadillac cruiser ride that's second to none. This is daily driver car remember :blazin: .

I use to have an '83 Grand Prix w/ the 305... loved driving that car! But this was back before I had a license and insurance and the car was a hand-me-down with no reverse and no driver side window :lol: I ran it like a scalded dog!

If I lost my AMC's, I would get another I suppose.
If I couldn't have any AMC's and had to go a totally different route, I am not sure what I would get but it would be something along these lines:
- Lada Niva
- Subaru Justy
- Isuzu Vehicross
- Subaru Impreza WRX STI (only in my dreams)
- Suzuki X90
- Ford Maverick Grabber
- '71-'73 Mustang Mach I

Flame away :speedy:

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 4:56 pm 
Eagle

I can certainly appreciate some of the weirdness in there! The Vehicross and X90 in particular! :)

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 6:07 pm 
Pacer

if i lost both of my Eagles i would try to get another one. but if i couldn't i would get a late 76-80 pontiac sunbird (preferably a 79), or a '57 2 door hardtop chevy belair (my dream car). or an elcamino (70's model).

viewtopic.php?f=10&t=1003

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 6:28 pm 
Eagle

1985amceagle wrote:
I had to figure out what a jeep patriot was, looks a lot like a modernized jeep xj, but with round headlights.

Pretty much what they look like. It's "sister" is the Jeep Compass (Ugh!). The Compass appeals to the fairer sex, retails for more and was not trail rated when I bought my Patriot. Patriot's do not have a V6 option but boast 174 HP in the 2.4 version, albeit at 6,000 rpm and is not a torque monster at only 165 foot pounds at a hefty 4,400 rpm. When I compared the one I bought that was setting next to a Liberty I noticed the Patriot was only about 2" shorter but boasted more head room because of its XJ like styling. Its wheelbase is midway between an SX/4 - Kammback and a 30 series Eagle. An XJ has a nearly identical wheelbase as series 30 Eagles. The Patriot's total length is only 6" shorter than series 30 Eagles.

1970 Ambassador SST 2 dr Hard Top Coupe
1980 Concord DL 4 dr
1982 Eagle SX/4 Sport