It is currently Wed Dec 13, 2017 3:21 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: what car
PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 6:22 pm 
Eagle

if something happened to your eagle, or eagles, Image and you could not find another one, what would you replace it with?

personally I think I would go with a 1. Comanche, 2. j truck, 3. wagoner, 4. or an xj

I guess a spirit based amx would be in the picture also.

if it couldn't be an amc, it would have to be some type of mopar most likely.

Post subject: Re: what car
PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 6:44 pm 
Pacer

Been there, doing that. '97 XJ Sport, four door auto, working a/c, mildly dented, but otherwise a rust-free pavement princess. Getting it re-registered so I don't need a rear seat nor belts, since I'll be setting up the back for camping.

A buggy in the shop isn't as hard core as a stocker in the bush

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 7:27 pm 
Hornet

damn, if i lost honeybadger, id probably look for an xj, tj, or yj to get me by till i found another sx4. if not one of those, then a diesel 3/4 ton 4 door pickup. srw, no dually. have always like cummins powered trucks. i know the older 12v 6bt cummins real well, but have been really liking the 24v isb common rail 03-05 cummins also. ford, would have to be the early '03 and older 7.3 power joke. wouldnt touch a 6.0 power croak with a friggin jackhammer. as for the chitrolays, i have actually driven 2 '03 duracraps that were nice. other than their injector issues. but the big downfall with the duracraps is they didnt offer an 3 pedaled transmission. i HATE slushboxes. :lmao: ya, i would be picky if i ever bought a newer rig. old amc's, i dont care, if i can afford it, ill take what ever it has! :banana:

WHEN IN DOUBT, BUY MORE BEER!!!!

ASE cert. mechanic 15 years.

http://www.picasaweb.google.com/das24rules

62 rambler classic (casper)
63 rambler american (rosie)
82 eagle sx4 (honeybadger)
82 eagle sw (rottywagon)
79 spirit (drag race car)

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 3:07 am 
Pacer

I'd probably get a Subaru Forester, or an outback. I actually saw a 4 door outback sport over this weekend (not a wagon) and it looked pretty cool.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 9:23 am 
Pacer

I've been debating on selling my Eagle, have 3 parties that want it BAD. But I love it.

If I were to sell :

1 - XJ : Classic look, night and light, tough as nails. Easy to lift, plenty of parts. Look up Cherokee XJ round headlight mod ;)

2 - Subaru Forester : Love Subarus, especially if the head gaskets have been replaced and car has been maintained. I'd have no problem buying one with 200k miles on it. My faves are the slightly older styled ones.

3 - Outback : Almost as tall as the Fozzy offroad, and just as capable. Easy to fab skids for either one out of road signs, and can be lifted with ease for cheap.

4 - Ford Ranger FX4 : If I wanted a good, solid pickup with balls, and reliability I'd pick one of these, preferably a 2003 model. In that 1 year they put in some of THE toughest stock offroad capable parts ever seen on a non Rubicon.

5 - Bronco / II / Scout : Why? Because the original Bronco is chock full of badassery, the Bronco II is nifty, and the Scout is stock with really nice parts.

6 - Mountain Bike : this is what I currently have and if my wife beats me and takes the money from any sales / insurance it's what I'd have left since she wouldn't let me do anything else.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 9:34 am 
Eagle

I love weird unique cars.

Would love to own a '64-'72 El Camino
Beetle, Baja Beetle, Thing, Split Window Bus
Pinto Wagon with the Port hole window in the back
Subaru Brat, or '02-'03 Impreza WRX Wagon
Some sort of rat rod!
Love old K-5 Blazers and Full Size Broncos
I'd drive just about any cool stationwagon, van, or hatchback

I'm currently without Eagle so I guess I'd have to say a Ford Festiva...my current DD! :)
I hauled all this wood in the back of the Festiva this weekend.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 9:37 am 
Pacer

Sweet! My brother and his friend bought an old Festiva for $200, filled most of the doors/cracks and so on with expanding foam (iirc). They'd take it down to a river and the friggen thing would float across, it was hilarious.

There's a decent looking Eagle sedan near me for sale for $1300 obo. I'm tempted to go look at it. They are rare as hens teeth around here.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 10:10 am 
Eagle

Another Jeep Patriot. They are the closest thing out there, right now, to an Eagle wagon. Seamless all surface 4WD, simple to maintain, easy to clean inside and out, and not full of useless, failure prone toys. Cheap to buy (new) and have an incredible low cost of ownership while maintaining good resale value.

1970 Ambassador SST 2 dr Hard Top Coupe
1980 Concord DL 4 dr
1982 Eagle SX/4 Sport

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 10:14 am 
Pacer

The CVT that they put in the autos DESTROYS them. CVT is shit, no..worse than shit.

Patriot manual is a nice sweet ride, good priced new to boot. Definitely the way to go if replacing the Eagle with something new and cost effective.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 10:23 am 
Eagle

Nightpath wrote:
Sweet! My brother and his friend bought an old Festiva for $200, filled most of the doors/cracks and so on with expanding foam (iirc). They'd take it down to a river and the friggen thing would float across, it was hilarious.

There's a decent looking Eagle sedan near me for sale for $1300 obo. I'm tempted to go look at it. They are rare as hens teeth around here.

A floating Festiva? Where are there pics...and or videos of this! That would be awesome!!

Is the sedan near you a 4 door or 2 door?