It is currently Thu Dec 14, 2017 4:48 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 3:16 pm 
Pacer

Doug: You didn't say why you call it the Deer Slayer... Did you hit a deer with it?

I call mine 'Flicker' because it had a really flicky intermittent electrical problem. And I mean like a Strobe light.

Ended up being that No. 9 ground wire (whatever) and after taking apart half the dash, and tracing wires for a week, I learned about that common issue and I ran a new ground, and 'POOF' gone.

But I still call her 'Flicker'

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 4:02 pm 
Eagle

Hit Two at once. Ran over one before that. This picture is after the twofer. The one I ran over had just been hit by some guy in an old S-10. That one just removed the exhaust system for the header pipe back, which was rotten anyway.

1970 Ambassador SST 2 dr Hard Top Coupe
1980 Concord DL 4 dr
1982 Eagle SX/4 Sport

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 7:13 pm 
Pacer

that settles it - Very well-named car.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 9:48 pm 
Hornet

honeybadger, well, for anyone who has seen pics of what i do with honeybadger, and its colors, youll understand exactly why its called honeybadger. lol.

casper, well, if you have seen pics of it, you might get it. when our unit came home home from iraq, i drove it to my buddies house who got me into drag racing. (he had seen pics of the car, but knew nothing of it.) he wanted to race my '62 rambler classic 2 door with the little sewing machine 196 I6 with 3 speed manual trans, against his 10 second gbody regal. i popped the hood and he starts going on "thats not a sleeper car, thats a fuckin casper car if i ever saw one!!!" i about fell down laughing so hard. i put '00 mustang gt disk brakes, and '05 mustang gt 17" wheels with 245/45/17 toyo tires. it looks mean, but is just a nice cruiser.

rosie, well, thats my sweet fun to drive little '63 american 440H. its just a really nice little car. the paint code is something something rose. rosie just stuck.

been trying to figure out a name for my '82 eagle wagon. i think i got one now that i got it driveable saturday night. its the one rig that all my rotwiellers can fit in, so its probably gonna be the rotenwagon. ;-)

then theres the peon. my '03 dodge neon that i usually drive the almost 50 miles one way daily to work. almost 160,000 miles on it with no real problem. its just a peon fart machine car.

i got many more rigs, not really named tho because they are the ones that are used when needed, and forgot about the rest of the time. lol.

pics of the other cars can be seen at the link in my signature.

WHEN IN DOUBT, BUY MORE BEER!!!!

ASE cert. mechanic 15 years.

http://www.picasaweb.google.com/das24rules

62 rambler classic (casper)
63 rambler american (rosie)
82 eagle sx4 (honeybadger)
82 eagle sw (rottywagon)
79 spirit (drag race car)