It is currently Fri Dec 15, 2017 5:43 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 10:54 pm 
Javelin

I know it's a little late, but for those who are interested...

Dave Spillane (captspillane) is hosting the first of what will be one of his bi-annual (Solstice) meets this coming weekend of the 29th at his home in Schwenksville, PA. Unfortunately his posts for this were on the Eagle's Nest forum and are not currently available.

Dave has a wealth of knowledge that he loves to share about Eagles and AMCs, and I believe all Eagle and AMC owners are welcome to visit. Bring your cars to share with other Eagle enthusiasts! So far we only have a couple people coming, but please contact either of us if you'd like to attend.

You will be able to tour/utilize Dave's garage, as well as check out his large fleet of Eagles and projects. He has quite the collection of engines and parts- 3 SX/4 projects are currently hanging from the ceiling of the garage, one Kammback in the rear portion, a chopped up Sedan out front near his J-10 and Scrambler, as well as 4 Subaru Micro cars sitting here and there. An IH Scout Terra, Jeep Gladiator, Spirit AMX, 2 Hornets, and a multitude of his other Eagles are spread around Schwenksville.

We will most likely be diving into one or more projects if some people show up, these will be informational if you'd like to learn! I've offered up my 4.0 head swap for the project if it's ready, so who knows :lol: ! I think there may also be dinner later on for those who participate. Of course many pictures will be taken and we'll almost definitely go for a few short drives to show off our beasts :fuckyou:

-TF998 Auto/NP129
-Carter BBD Carb
-MSD Streetfire Ignition/TFI
-Aluminum CJ Radiator
-205/75/R15 General Grabber A/T Tires

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 1:59 am 
Javelin

You are all invited and welcome to the Perkiomen Solstice Meet 2013 in Perkiomenville PA, ZIP 18074, this Saturday 29 June 2013.

Thanks Phil for posting an update here. The meet is still on. I'll make sure it happens every year even when it is difficult. My daughter was born last week, so we're adjusting to the role of new parents this month. That has affected my advertisement and participation on these forums recently, but it has not changed the days I've committed to twice a year.

It will be a slow year with only two of my own Eagles available to drive and just a couple of other's in attendence. Message me if you are headed here and let me know what work needs to be done to your Eagle. The point of getting together is keeping these cars on the road and appreciated, so we'll make sure to put time and attention forth for all the Eagle's in attendence.

-Dave Spillane-

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 5:24 am 
Eagle

I wish I could be there Dave. My kind of get together. Of course we will want to see pictures.

1970 Ambassador SST 2 dr Hard Top Coupe
1980 Concord DL 4 dr
1982 Eagle SX/4 Sport

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 7:48 am 
Pacer

Would LOVE to attend one. POSSIBLY next year. Am checking to see if my high school is gonna have a 40th anniversary reunion or anything. Considering trying to attend if the do. It's in south central Pa., where Pa., Md. W. Va., & Va. all meet. I could leave school, be out of Pa. & into Md. in about 5 mins. I could be out of Md. into W. Va. in about another 15 mins. & into Va. within an hour of leaving school - driving the speed limit even! Warfordsburg, Pa. Southern Fulton High School. Have kinfolk back in them thar hills & would have no problem finding a couch or bed to sleep on.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 10:14 am 
Eagle

I'll be coming one of these days. Not this time though. Thanks for putting this on! Great idea!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 4:38 am 
Rebel

Location: Englishtown, NJ - Home of the Englishtown Swap Meet
I would have liked to attend, but the 29th was the weekend of my grandparents 60th wedding anniversary and I couldn't miss that.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 2:26 pm 
Javelin

It went well and I plan improvements for every year. I'll post pictures and videos eventually. I'll make sure they are up in time to advertise for the next one.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 3:00 pm 
Eagle

Cool! Yeah, I wanna see pics from this meet. How many people showed up?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2014 5:38 pm 
Javelin

I will be available on Saturday 21st for this year's Spring Solstice Meet for anyone who wishes to attend. It is in Perkiomenville PA, 18074, and is an opportunity to tour my shop and fleet of AMC vehicles, as well as to utilize my tools and help on your own Eagle.

I haven't been on the forums for awhile but that won't stop me from hosting this each year, every year, on or around the Spring Solstice, June 21st.

Contact me by private message for exact details.