It is currently Sun Dec 17, 2017 1:33 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 129 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 13  Next
 Post subject: Re: Eagle Den?
PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 8:30 am 
Pacer

Doug wrote:
I am confused. I need beer.

:lmao:

Poor Doug... nothing like more headaches, eh?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 8:32 am 
Eagle

It doesn't help that it's hard to follow Ken's posts/pms. Even when he's explaining it he's kind of all over the place.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 8:33 am 
Eagle

Whuntmore wrote:
Doug wrote:
I am confused. I need beer.

:lmao:

Poor Doug... nothing like more headaches, eh?

Thanks goodness I am medicated.

1970 Ambassador SST 2 dr Hard Top Coupe
1980 Concord DL 4 dr
1982 Eagle SX/4 Sport

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 10:22 am 
Javelin

Looks like we finally got the explanation we wanted about all those blackouts this past year. I figured it was more complex than just "Steve forgot to pay the bill."

I honestly thought "Iowaeagle" owned the forum for the longest time. You had such a ridiculously large number of posts, Doug. You also stepped in and did alot for the basic running of the forum in the same role that Shagg does for this one.

This is the story as I see it. Steve got involved in the setup of the Eagle Nest when the person with the real enthusiasm, Ken, got cancer and fell into a coma. Steve owned an Eagle briefly and probably got involved with good intentions. Doug loved the forum and provided a personality and degree of leadership in the actual forum itself, but didn't want to get further involved in the behind the scenes and logistics of it all. Doug did have passion for providing products for the Nest store. Eventually Steve lost interest in Eagles entirely and got rid of his. He didn't lose interest in making money on them. When Doug's store items didn't make him a profit he got irate and alienated Doug, who had only his own money tied up in the products themselves. Nest store closed about a year ago. He lost interest in paying the bills for the Nest because it wouldn't make him any dough. The website expired and was in danger of vanishing. Ken recovered and stepped back in and saved the site by paying all the bills. Ken thought he now owned the site as part of the agreement. Steve still wanted a store that would make him money, so he saw a loophole in the agreement and exploited it to take back the site as his own. Ken fought him and started the Den site using the actual website information that he had saved since he literally owned the site for a short time recently.

Seems to me that Ken named the site the Den because he wanted it for "grown up Eagles." In other words he would expect the Nest to remain the go to place for newbies and to keep it's status as the number one google hit. He wants to make another place like what this Evo forum has become. We're people who have been on the nest and owned Eagles for a long time and we enjoy having a second place to meet and have further discussions that go beyond the scope of the nest. I think it's cool that he is hosting a site that encourages people to go to both this Evo forum and the Nest. Each one has it's own group, it's own group dynamic, and it's own community. I respect his efforts.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 10:30 am 
Eagle

I think Ken doesn't expect the nest to be around forever. Seems like Steve lacks the money to keep it alive and Ken is no longer paying the bills...so how much time does it have left?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 10:42 am 
Javelin

Poking around the Den more I see that the nest is ignored as existing already. I guess he does mean to basically fix the Nest's problems and keep it rolling as is with a slightly different name.

I'm betting Ken's right. Squeezing money out of AMC Eagle owners is near impossible and Steve already shows his lack of interest. Once his store fails to meet expectations he'll probably give up on the expensive legal battle Ken seems prepared to fight. Hopefully the Den and the Nest will be the same thing in the future again.

Evo will always be a complement to the Den or Nest or whatever. This is the place to curse and talk about Beer and our projects, even if we reference technical stuff held safe over there in the Den. We can even tell people about Evo on the Den without worry of getting booted.

Imagine if we had a joint login site where you login in once, with one address, and the unread posts in both the Evo forum and the Den are easily accessible for review?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 10:43 am 
Pacer

Steve did not set up the nest. a guy named Sam started it quite a while ago, then Doug and Gil joined. Then Steve came later.

Doug's illness set him back, and he stopped doing it to take care of his health. I have forgotten why Gil stopped doing it also.

I would not like a joint login. I prefer them all separate.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 10:57 am 
Javelin

Prafeston wrote:
Eaglefreek wrote:

That was the old EVO site before we moved to the current address and host. The old forumer host got bought out and turned into some weird weird layout!

No, I mean I'm confused because the post says Ken was dead a second time. Did he come back from the dead twice? Maybe he is the Eagle Messiah. :holyshit:

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 11:13 am 
Eagle

Oh wow...yeah I didn't read the content on that link. I see now what you mean! Ken must have quite the will to survive! :)

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 12:01 pm 
Eagle

That was a lot to read. Capt. sort of got it right. When I have more time and things get straightened out I will try to share some Nest history here at least up until about a year or so ago.

1970 Ambassador SST 2 dr Hard Top Coupe
1980 Concord DL 4 dr
1982 Eagle SX/4 Sport

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 129 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 13  Next