It is currently Wed Dec 13, 2017 10:35 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 129 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 13  Next
 Post subject: Re: Eagle Den?
PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 5:37 pm 
Eagle

This is on your profile doug (IowaEagle)

Date Registered: May 08, 2004, 08:53:16 PM
Local Time: July 22, 2013, 08:31:59 PM
Last Active: Today at 01:09:59 PM

It doesn't look like you have had a post since Nov 2012 though. I don't think this is some sort of elaborate phishing scheme.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 7:43 pm 
Eagle

Thanks. I probably just forgot my password. It will come back to me, maybe.

1970 Ambassador SST 2 dr Hard Top Coupe
1980 Concord DL 4 dr
1982 Eagle SX/4 Sport

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 7:53 pm 
Eagle

My PMs with Ken are paraphrased.

It's sort of a copy, but in all legal terms not the nest! Let me put it this way, I was sick with cancer for years, when I was able I posted on the nest, as so did my wife, for me, everybody supported me. little over a year ago the Nest went down stayed down, a long time. The site was locked down tight because he [Steve] had not paid the bills.

We made a deal I would not kick him out, or bother anybody, but as far as hosting, backups, any repairs if site went down and real ownership of the site was mine, but he could run things as wanted, I could never be kicked out, I owned all copyrights to site, in return I would pay hosting fee's, DSN renewal, any updates that were software related, like a link broke or pages would not load. Our agreement was he could edit sujects, so I am saying he was able to control contents, nothing else. He could also kick people off or admin the site so we didn't get hit with legal stuff like legal troubles. In May on the 7th 2013 I renewed the DSN. I hired some people to help with a data base curupt problem as the site had to role back to the 2011 copy of SMF. That was done end of May, 2013, we would resink the sights every night so they stayed current with each other.
In or on the 14th of June 2013, Steve Briggs wrote me and thanked me for being a good sap but he owned the site and
Varial Technologies locked the server down, I did do some resinking of the site in the early morning hours, it is hard to do, when access is limited.

I hired a lawyer, we have done everthing legal, I stopped payment to Varial Technologies, Inc. in June 2013, and the site went down, when I started looking at the site with everything that was wrong broken destroyed, I hired 2by2 SMF web experts and I rebuilt the site from scratch.
I am a engineer with my PHD, but no matter how much ed, you may have rebuilding a website from the event time is hard. Once done we crafted by the lawyers terms, and conditions, added my own flare to it, as did the 2by2 team.
It will have a whole new look come Thursday if all goes good. We have about ten hours of work to do est. anyway. I will be looking for good folks to help out, maybe Doug, as we have met and I stayed at his house for some time a while back till the late hours of the night, I met his wife, hes a down to earth great guy. With my Cancer in some sought of remission, I will and do need the help.
long story
Ken

And another email paraphrased

Tim and his buddys [Software/IT guys...I believe from the Varial Technologies company..and Tim owns a Kammback :) ] very much want to join us here, to add apps, mapping twitter feeds, social networking, is in, I also have some news on signed agreements with Amazon, Ebay, and Craigs list. so that nag part of our lives will be gone.

Also all former members are in this data base and if they forgot there passwords we have a 24/7 place for that, we welcome new members new idea's and anybody who is willing to be a ""subject watcher" one who keeps the peace on a site. I like to think of us as the place a eagle goes after hatching, the outer perch of the Nest for real Eagles are called the Eagles Den, thats where we got the name, the grown up Eagles!
Thanks Ken

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 8:00 pm 
Pacer

no surprise about Steve - Steve sounding like he was doing everything, but I don't want twitter, facebook and ads/apps here.

I like it the way it is.

What you all think?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 8:05 pm 
Eagle

Ads no...apps/social networking...I'd be interested to see how this would work out. If it wasn't working though I'd rather go back to a regular forum type thing. At least it sounds like he has worked out the details about the stupid can't post craigslist or ebay links!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 8:14 pm 
Pacer

So, basically, Steve sold the rights to all things Nest (did he even have the legal right to do that in the first place? Not accusing, just curious) in a bid to keep it going. Once it got back up & running, he said "thanks very much, but it is mine, so fuck off"? Seems to me like selling a car with a blown motor, then taking it back once the buyer has it fixed up & running again.

And I'm with Jared - no ads, no apps/social media. At most, a little button linking to a fb page/twitter feed, maybe a mobile-friendly version, but don't make it a main part of the site. I know that whole social media thing has gotten pretty damn big, but there's still far more folk that do the bulk of their internet through a proper/full-size computer, not a glitzy phone.

A buggy in the shop isn't as hard core as a stocker in the bush

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 8:33 pm 
Eagle

Well that is weird, I found it while searching for the nest a while back. It was down then though.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 8:35 pm 
Eagle

Yeah, Kirsten, I was just thing a nice site that integrates well for phone use and maybe some Like buttons or other stuff like that. Nothing like a full blown Facebook type site. Keep it forum based, but have some flare...I don't know. I'm all for just keeping it like it is...but hey, that's not our site anyway. I guess we'll just see what happens. Right now I don't see a whole lot of us going there to post...especially now that the nest is back up...but for how long will the nest still be there? And at least this den site has most of the nest backed up.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 9:13 pm 
Eagle

It is exactly like the nest. So maybe Ken booted Steve, and Steve had to go get a new server, and re register the domain. I will have to loggin tomorrow, I think I will change my passwords elsewhere first though to be on the safe side.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 9:24 pm 
Hornet

it appears that im not on that den page either. tells me my username doesn't exist. "casper" name I had on the nest before I was banned. screw it anyway. I like this place. these eagles have found HOME!! :cheers:

WHEN IN DOUBT, BUY MORE BEER!!!!

ASE cert. mechanic 15 years.

http://www.picasaweb.google.com/das24rules

62 rambler classic (casper)
63 rambler american (rosie)
82 eagle sx4 (honeybadger)
82 eagle sw (rottywagon)
79 spirit (drag race car)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 129 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 13  Next