It is currently Fri Nov 24, 2017 1:09 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: 1988 Eagle
PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2014 1:55 pm 
Noob

Just bought my first Eagle. It's an 88 with 100,000 miles on 'er, super clean interior, all original everything and not bad paint and no rust! It's in awesome shape. I am not an eagle or a jeep enthusiast. In fact, i always go for an old muscle car to build up but i had an opportunity to buy this one for only 2,000 bucks so i jumped on it. Needs no restoration on the interior and may need a paint job.

Does have a small oil leak0looks to be coming from either the drain plug or possibly from the pan itself and of course, there's oil caked around the valve cover. Any ideas where this may be actually leaking? Oil around valve over is old and black but oil i find on the ground is new and clear.

My second question, to the right buyer, what's this thing worth?

Thanks Eagle Enthusiasts!!

Post subject: Re: 1988 Eagle
PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2014 2:03 pm 
Eagle

welcome to the forum! there are at least thtwo main aras that the 258 and 4.0 both like to leak from, the first one is the valve cover, but since you have an 88, you should have a better valve cover than the majority of us do. the other area that is prone to leaking is the rear main seal. one thought could be to power wash it so you can find what is leaking easier. id like to suggest another forum as well, as things have been moving slowly around here. http://forums.amceaglesden.com/index.php It is also a great site. by the way, we like pics!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2014 2:53 pm 
Rebel

Like was said, needs cleaned up first. Make sure all the PCV plumbing is good, the air filter isn't saturated with oil, and get a good idea how much oil it's leaking and using. I rebuilt mine and still have minor leakage at front and rear main. Obviously if it's a huge amount, something needs done. But my experience after 3 Eagles, they just like to leak, sorta like a SB Chevy!!! I'm with you, muscle cars are my main interest, but I enjoy my Eagle all the same. Nice find, send some pics. And, maybe this site might come around with more traffic.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2014 3:35 am 
Javelin

yes give it a washing and run it to see where its leaking....its usually the valve cover and pan /rear main /front main

http://s12.photobucket.com/user/amchornet/profile/