It is currently Thu Dec 14, 2017 10:17 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 102 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
 Post subject: Re: 4.0 Engine Swap
PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2014 9:04 pm 
Hornet

sorry guys, but im about done with this thread. everyone is making shit WAY to complicated to follow to drop a 4.0 in an eagle. its so simple a cave man could do it. everyone is complicating every damned thing. im done. anyone wants to do it, have at it. do it your own way.

WHEN IN DOUBT, BUY MORE BEER!!!!

ASE cert. mechanic 15 years.

http://www.picasaweb.google.com/das24rules

62 rambler classic (casper)
63 rambler american (rosie)
82 eagle sx4 (honeybadger)
82 eagle sw (rottywagon)
79 spirit (drag race car)

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 9:53 am 
Javelin

I have to agree. I've made the mistake in the past to over analyze some of the projects I've gotten into. I blame the internet. Before the internet, you just did it and figured it out. Do some searching of the net, compile some parts and go at it. I spent more time researching my AW4 swap, then it took to actually do it.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 9:38 pm 
Hornet

ok, now rereading what I posted, may be able to come off not what I meant. lol. "I love beer..." ok, but ya really, if your going to stay carbonated, the 4.0 swap is simple as swapping a 4.2 really. its when you want to do efi that things start to get interesting. done did the 4.0 swap a year ago. in my driveway like most people would do, not at the shop I work at, to make things easier. (tho in hindsight, I really wish I did!!!) if you got an engine hoist, and basic tools, you can do it yourself.

82 eagle sw (rottywagon)

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2014 1:29 am 
Pacer

Sweet ☺

What did you end up using for a fuel pump? I was thinking about using the one from the XJ then a fuel pressure regulator if one could be found and that made to work.

If not a 4 -5 psi ought to work.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2014 4:17 am 
Javelin

Nightpath wrote:
Sweet ☺

What did you end up using for a fuel pump? I was thinking about using the one from the XJ then a fuel pressure regulator if one could be found and that made to work.

I would not attempt to use a high pressure pump and regulate it down to 4-5 psi. Not sure there is a regulator that can do that effectively. It would have to be a return style and it will really heat up the fuel in the tank. A universal one like this Mr. Gasket, will work fine. Not to mention they are cheap enough to keep an extra one in the car. http://www.summitracing.com/parts/mrg-4 ... 7AodiDgADQ

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2014 11:16 am 
Rogue

casper wrote:
4.0 in honeybadger almost finished. just enough to fire the motor up to make sure that motor was going to run. (bought it with no known info what so ever.)

Hey!...what happened to the beers in the pic?? argh :eagle:

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2014 11:18 am 
Site Admin

Eaglefreek wrote:
Nightpath wrote:
Sweet ☺

I would not attempt to use a high pressure pump and regulate it down to 4-5 psi. Not sure there is a regulator that can do that effectively. It would have to be a return style and it will really heat up the fuel in the tank. A universal one like this Mr. Gasket, will work fine. Not to mention they are cheap enough to keep an extra one in the car. http://www.summitracing.com/parts/mrg-4 ... 7AodiDgADQ

Though not in an eagle, I've been running the factory type in tank pump in my carbed xj with a regulator and return line for almost 3 years now, with no pump issues. :blazin: Have also hooked my pressure gauge to it (it's made for dual feed holley) to monitor the pressure it idle, cruise, and WOT conditions, all is good.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2014 4:32 pm 
Pacer

Where did you snag a regulator from?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2014 9:48 pm 
Hornet

im running a NAPA vane type fuel pump. it has to be mounted completely vertical. its the only one that still works. I had those craptastic mr. gasket pumps. worked for about 10 miles. (almost 50 mile one way drive to work, had a few pissed off late days late due to pos pump.) the napa pump I got works great. its an 8 psi pump, but run it with the stock type eagle fuel filter with return system. (they apply around 3 psi to the carb, the rest goes to the return line to the tank. it was somewhere around $70 my cost. (we are a NAPA auto care center by the way.) been tickled to death with this pump. turn the key on for about 3 seconds, can hear the pump pressurize. one pump on the loud pedal, just think about touching the key, and shes running. 10 seconds after fireing up when its above 40* blip the throttle, and its down to a 550 rpm SMOOTH idle.

82 eagle sw (rottywagon)

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2014 3:29 am 
Pacer

Damn you Caspar...DAMN YOU!! ;)

Happen to have the model or part number?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 102 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next