It is currently Mon Dec 18, 2017 1:03 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 38 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 8:13 pm 
Site Admin

Hmm, we could but, in my own experiences, not being able to view and/or post in a certain area because of my rank, has caused me to not take any interest in the site. We do have a section reserved for active members only, but that's only due to the privacy of ones personal stash :mrgreen: . If it boils down to it, and we need to go more restrictive, then we will, for the time being, we need to remain as open as possible so new members can find/check us out.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 8:31 pm 
Pacer

Anyway of making certain boards viewable, but not postable below a certain account active-length? IE, a two-day old account can view all boards, but can only post in, say, "Welcome" & "Questions" type boards? Or is that getting too complicated? :lol:

A buggy in the shop isn't as hard core as a stocker in the bush

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 8:36 pm 
Eagle

Shagg wrote:
Hmm, we could but, in my own experiences, not being able to view and/or post in a certain area because of my rank, has caused me to not take any interest in the site. We do have a section reserved for active members only, but that's only due to the privacy of ones personal stash :mrgreen: . If it boils down to it, and we need to go more restrictive, then we will, for the time being, we need to remain as open as possible so new members can find/check us out.

what I meant was have them post some thing on the other forum, and it might be easier to take the spammers out right away. I don't mean limit what they can post by rank, just more of a post so we know you aren't a spammer setup

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 8:45 pm 
Site Admin

Ah, I see what you mean, I can set a limit on where a newly registered user can post, but still have access to the rest of the forum, I can do a maybe 3 post trial type deal. Just enough to not discourage a new member, but weed out a spammer.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 8:50 pm 
Site Admin

I'm going to install a better captcha system ( http://areyouahuman.com/demo/ )

So this should end the spam shit.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 8:56 pm 
Eagle

its kind of fun actually, I don't know how spammers work though.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 9:05 pm 
Site Admin

Alright, I feel like we won't be getting any more spam, this captcha thing is so much better than trying to spell that weird shit anyways. So Shagg, I don't think you need to require 3 posts or whatever. Let's just see if this does it.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 6:34 am 
Site Admin

Cool, I wasn't about to try it last night anyway, lol, it likely would've turned bad :mrgreen: .

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 7:07 pm 
Pacer

"Michaela Rife" - Rafe's spam-bot alter-ego? :lol: Only showing on the front/blog page so far, hasn't made it to the board yet.

A buggy in the shop isn't as hard core as a stocker in the bush

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 8:13 pm 
Eagle

Haha! I thought that was a bot. Along those lines...whats the deal with that sign in and this one? Is there even a forum/social media part to that site anymore? It's a little misleading to have a login/sign up on the amcevolution.com page that has nothing to do with your username and stuff here on the forums.amcevolution.com.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 38 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next