It is currently Sun Dec 17, 2017 11:27 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2014 5:02 am 
Pacer

if your on facebook and a member of any of the eagle related pages you might have come across the ad for the ultra cheap sundancer on craigslist a few days ago. Well some pile of shit in the eagle community contacted the fellow that let this car sit for 15 years and told him he's sitting on a gold mine and it's worth 3k.
One of the members of this very forum was very interested in the car and offered the guy $200 MORE than his original asking price being a very serious buyer and having to haul a trailer 5 hours to pick up the car and then hauling the neglected relic 5 hours back to his home to start a very time consuming and expensive restoration. I am letting that person's name off of this thread so that they may let it known if they want.

This kinda shit is low in my book. If you see a smoking deal on craigslist and you can't commit to buying it or have no intention of buying something don't go and contact the fucking seller and fill their head full of lies so that the serious people have to suffer. I can't speak for everyone in the AMC hobby, but I can speak for myself when I say I am in the amc and eagle hobby because I enjoy the cars and trucks and because I am god damned CHEAP and always looking for a bargain.

http://bend.craigslist.org/cto/4373384104.html

there is the link to the new ad saying how the sundancer was "produced" ........ LIE!!! The sundancer was a conversion of a 2 door sedan much like a bubble top van. The car is also missing the grille, a few emblems, most of the targa top (that will have to be outsourced to reproduced more than likely and isn't going to be cheap), it has (IMO) the ugly "jeep" script alloys, does not run, and god only knows what else is wrong with it.

to end my rant I don't see 3k for this car. I hardly see 3k for this car if the top was in good condition and it had correct wheels and all of the other things it is missing, this is a car in the woods and the original $800 asking price was pretty good as we see that running and driving wagons and sedans fetch about that. I also want the low life that filled this guys head full of lies to come out and "MAN UP" to making the community look like a bunch of dumb asses, but i doubt the coward will

Attachments:
File comment: 3k MY ASS
00W0W_fcKH3AGPxzm_600x450.jpg
00W0W_fcKH3AGPxzm_600x450.jpg [ 45.19 KiB | Viewed 2902 times ]

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2014 5:37 am 
Javelin

I was telling my wife last night basically the same thing. Also this thing got pasted all over the net. So it could have just been a collection of everyone talking about how (insert retarded forum comment here). So next time a good deal pops up make sure to talk it up on a forum and kill it for others. It is appreciated.

All right, brain. You don't like me and I don't like you, but let's just do this and I can get back to killing you with beer.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2014 5:39 am 
AMX

Amen brother Bill.
Doubt it'll end up in good Eagle hands now.
Rambler Mentality.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2014 5:46 am 
Pacer

I hope a tree falls on it to be honest then they guy can get 300 bucks in scrap.

mudkicker715 wrote:
I was telling my wife last night basically the same thing. Also this thing got pasted all over the net. So it could have just been a collection of everyone talking about how (insert retarded forum comment here). So next time a good deal pops up make sure to talk it up on a forum and kill it for others. It is appreciated.

bringing it up on the web and forums isn't a bad thing, but to make contact knowing you're not interested in buying it and filling the guys head full of wrong info is just plane fucked up (for lack of a better PG rated term)

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2014 5:53 am 
AMX

thereverendbill wrote:
bringing it up on the web and forums isn't a bad thing, but to make contact knowing you're not interested in buying it and filling the guys head full of wrong info is just plane fucked up (for lack of a better PG rated term)

I agree 100%

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2014 11:39 am 
Eagle

3000 for an eagle that has been open to the elements :shock: I'm sure there is nothing left of the floor pans, and it would take a parts car to get it back on the road. It's a shame that someone got the seller to think that it is worth that much when it isn't.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2014 11:48 am 
Hornet

I agree. It's probably someone trying to sell a fresh one and want to get $12K for it so they are killing the competition and making theirs look better by comparison. Speculators suck.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 3:25 am 
Javelin

What a bunch of crap. After all its an AMC most of them will never be worth a ton of money. Even if it was fully restored it wouldn't be worth a whole lot more than what he is asking now. I am with you I am Cheap mostly because I have to be though. I just spent $120 on a header and am considering sending it back and making my own.

http://s12.photobucket.com/user/amchornet/profile/

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 1:25 pm 
Noob

I know what I paid for mine and that was too much without the top. I have to find a way to get one reproduced. It appears the new owner already has a few of these convertibles. Who ever involved in jacking the price up, someday if will bite you in the A.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 1:33 pm 
Pacer

greatcarsx4 wrote:
I know what I paid for mine and that was too much without the top. I have to find a way to get one reproduced. It appears the new owner already has a few of these convertibles. Who ever involved in jacking the price up, someday if will bite you in the A.

the best place I would think to get the top reproduced would be an upholstery shop that has some experience in convertible tops ....... did you happen to buy the one that was listed in the D.C. area?