It is currently Fri Dec 15, 2017 9:37 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2013 7:14 am 
Eagle

I found this on a different forum last night that EK had it posted on. I brought it over. This was originally on the nest.
Route66Rambler wrote:

Wasn't really sure where else to put this. Right now I've got the temporary registration on the Kammback while I get ready for another run at emissions testing. I pulled into a Checker store this afternoon, to see about some fuel hose to fix the vapor recovery problem I've got right now.

There was a guy in a latest generation Dodge Viper(600 HP, 600+ lbs/ft of torque) sitting there at the curb when I parked next to him. As I got out of the car, nodded, and gave him a thumbs up on the ride, he looked over and told me very sarcastically, "Nice Rambler. I wouldn't be caught dead in an AMC". I checked him out for just a second, long enough for it to get a tad uncomfortable, trying to think of a snappy comeback.

What I said was, "Nice FIAT".

Then I just turned and went inside.

This dude got so irate he actually followed me inside the store, and told me, "You think your **** don't stink? You're ****ing jealous and we both know it." Too loudly. I continued to ignore him and he started in again. "Don't act like you're too ****ing good to talk to me. You think you're going to say something like that and I'm just going to sit there? You better man up". blah blah blah. People started checking out the scene. It was getting embarrassing real quick.

I buy parts at this place frequently, and they are familiar with my Gremlins, Ramblers and the Eagle, always coming outside to check what's been done recently, sometimes taking pictures. The manager asked him to please keep his voice down, and asked me if this was a problem.

I told him, "It's Eagle envy complex, he's stuck with one of them cheap FIAT Vipers", with a big grin on my face while I looked right at the guy. Everybody in the store just busted out laughing their patooties off. Like about a dozen people, maybe more.

The manager goes, "Anyone knows Ferrari is the only REAL Italian sports car."

Dude turned bright red, and his breathing got very loud all of a sudden. I was worried for just a second that he might have some kind of health problem. He turned and practically ran out of the store, burning some good expensive rubber in the parking lot just getting away from there.

Poor guy. Hee Hee.

We all had a good time rehashing it for a few minutes, including some perfect strangers browsing in the store who I have never met, and ended up with about six or seven people standing around checking out the Kammback and swapping AMC stories.

A great day in the afternoon...

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2013 7:17 am 
Eagle

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Would make for a great Joke and Jab post too. As both were evident. Do you think there are any AMC inspired components in a Viper?

1970 Ambassador SST 2 dr Hard Top Coupe
1980 Concord DL 4 dr
1982 Eagle SX/4 Sport

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2013 7:31 am 
Pacer

:lol: :lmao: Fiat Viper. LOVE it!!!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2013 7:34 am 
Pacer

That was freaking awesome!

I hardly ever say 'Nice ride' to anyone anymore especially in a Corvette, Viper, hummer... something modern and expensive. unless it's old and they worked on it.

I used to, but I just find they are too arrogant, and they don't deserve the ego boost. If they can't 'get it up' even after they bought the car, that's not my problem, or fault.

I hate to be like that, but it's just not worth the effort for people like him.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2013 7:38 am 
Eagle

.. and tell what the hell a Tuner car is? I see them at some car shows and they just look like new cars with some cosmetic additions and some stickers for extra horsepower.

1970 Ambassador SST 2 dr Hard Top Coupe
1980 Concord DL 4 dr
1982 Eagle SX/4 Sport

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2013 12:52 pm 
Rogue

I would have loved to have been a fly on the wall that day..

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2013 5:56 pm 
Site Admin

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: Whuntmore beat me to the limp dick comments, hahaha.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2013 7:23 pm 
Pacer

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Everybody was thinking it, and you all know it's true. If the guy was hung like a horse, and was driving... say an Eagle, you know he's got no worries about his man-hood !!!!!!!!!!

I hum Joni Mitchell at work (or whatever) I dress the way I want, I drive an Eagle and a non-turbo'd Subaru, and do I frickin' care? Nope!!!!!

You all know I'm speaking the truth, right?!?!?! Chime in fellas...

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2013 7:50 pm 
Site Admin

Agreed....That is all :lmao: (Speaking of clothing, I have to say, I'm not man enough to wear girl pants :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: I like my boot cut jeans).

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2013 1:32 am 
Hornet

I like my boot cut jeans but dammit, the women's jeans fit me better!