It is currently Wed Jun 28, 2017 1:06 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 6:40 pm 
Javelin

So I pulled into the local quick lube place to get a 20 buck oil change since I have been short on time and my back has been out of sorts. The guy looks at my 1976 hornet sedan and says those were good cars...to bad amc never made there own engines. I replied oh, what kind of engines did they use? He said well it depended on the car. My hornet would have the dodge slant six in it of course. At this point I really did not want this guy to be changing my oil. So I just asked him if he could check it for me. I then asked him if the engine in the car looked like a slant six....he got puzzled and said no. That when I told him amc made all of there own engines. They just used other manufactures transmissions. Then he said well this is a jeep engine(4.0 head and mpfi on 258) dodge made those so while it isnt a slant six it is still a dodge. I just asked to leave....I was in a rush and did not want to try to fix stupid. :speedy:

http://s12.photobucket.com/user/amchornet/profile/

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 7:33 am 
Javelin

I'd rather leave my oil in my car for 10,000 miles than have some hack at a quick lube touch my car. My nephew was one of them and I wouldn't trust him to wash my windows, let alone change my oil. He told me about one time he forgot to put the oil in a lady's car and she came back 15 minutes later complaining about the engine making noise. They realized his mistake, put in the oil and never told the lady what really happened. :facepalm:

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 10:16 am 
Site Admin

:holyshit: Now that's shady.....