It is currently Mon Dec 18, 2017 12:45 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 748 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73 ... 75  Next
PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2015 3:45 pm 
Site Admin

Yeah, it does feel like that would be the case. I'll probably hunt down a 727 and get it put in there.

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2015 2:48 pm 
Rebel

Just make sure your tranny cooler didn't take a dump and infiltrate it with anti-freeze. You know, that ugly red milky color on the dipstick. I agree with the convertor, but also just wornout fluid makes the bands and clutch packs angry too.

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2015 4:32 pm 
Hornet

The trans cooler in the rad of my wagon was clogged and probably precipitated the death of the 998. I tried to flush it with a can of Kooler Kleener but the push on hose kept popping off so I found a fitting adapter that screwed into the line and another that screwed into the rad fitting but I still had to carefully clean out the orifice to get the crud loose enough to flush out.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2015 4:37 am 
Eagle

Converting the Comanche over to 134a from r12. Haven't done much of anything with the eagle lately, which will be changing when winter comes around hopefully.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2015 8:40 am 
Hornet

I backed the Eagle wagon up and loaded some parts in my Comanche to go to the cabin later.

Posted the '68 Travelall 4x4 body on FB for $1500. (not AMC but close)

A couple weeks ago I moved my '84 J10 mini-monster truck "Black Jack" about 100 feet for the first time since my kids moved back to Canada about '08. Once the other vehicles are gone, I'll make it drivable.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2015 11:12 am 
Site Admin

Buttoning up loose ends this past weekend at Dad's shop, before I drag the red over to redo my sail panels, and start getting it ready for for this winter. Gotta get the parts car running again to determine if the engine is worth my time removing, so I can start parting that eyesore out, and rid it from my lawn before the snow flies. Just driving the SX/4 everyday, like it was built for. I have so far, successfully avoided all car shows this summer :banana: . It's great to not have to make the damned thing show shined on a weekly basis.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2015 2:51 pm 
Rebel

Shagg wrote:
Buttoning up loose ends this past weekend at Dad's shop, before I drag the red over to redo my sail panels, and start getting it ready for for this winter. Gotta get the parts car running again to determine if the engine is worth my time removing, so I can start parting that eyesore out, and rid it from my lawn before the snow flies. Just driving the SX/4 everyday, like it was built for. I have so far, successfully avoided all car shows this summer :banana: . It's great to not have to make the damned thing show shined on a weekly basis.

Just don't forget to kick back and enjoy time off. Car shows are generally a hit or miss thing anyway. I like the car shows for swapping and hearing stories.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2015 10:32 am 
Site Admin

Yeah, I used to love going to them, but the attitude of just enjoying old cars with buds just because you can, is fading to a money driven hobby business, so I distanced myself from it the past couple years. Once I get rid of the parts rig and fix the red, I'll be able to relax a bit, and enjoy the fall (the best time of year).
On a related note:

It's alive!!! It's Ugly, but it runs like an animal, lol. After putting the sx's oem carb on, replacing the fuel pump along with a couple other simple things, it runs, drives, and stopsish :mrgreen: . Definitely will donate the heart to the red car, among other things. I think I'll start the strip this weekend if I can.

Oh and I only got stung by one Hornet!! Twice!! :lmao:

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2015 7:11 pm 
Eagle

had air conditioning in the comanche for two days, and lost it, found that the compressor has a leak, so i will get to fix that next. thankfully 134a is cheap, and i have access to the equipment to charge it. i also managed to get new tires on it, so it should be more fun this winter, if it makes it out of the garage. the eagle has been in hibernation yet, but i plan on driving it for a week just because. ive learned of a few wagoneers near by that i should go look at, as ive had too many amc I6's, (the 4.0 being the best experience power wise) and want to get into the v8s. i also have a feeling that Fiat is going to sink the jeep brand with all of their crossovers that they have been making lately. it might make a good winter 'snows too deep for the eagle' driver too, especially if it has select-trac

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2015 7:27 pm 
Eagle

Got a 89 xj today with a 4.0 and ba10 /5. The trans and renix didn't scare me, like the rust on the fsj parked beside it. For possibly having 370000 on the engine the 4.0 doesn't sound that bad, not sure on the condition of the trans yet, other than 1st and reverse aren't noisy. Sadly it has the nep process 231, and no select trac

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 748 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73 ... 75  Next