It is currently Mon Dec 11, 2017 5:10 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 748 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 75  Next
PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 7:11 pm 
Eagle

maddog wrote:
you will also need a breaker bar to bust those things loose as wel as some good pliers for the cotter pin.

And maybe a cheater pipe too.

1970 Ambassador SST 2 dr Hard Top Coupe
1980 Concord DL 4 dr
1982 Eagle SX/4 Sport

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 7:47 pm 
Hornet

3/4" air impact does the job quite well. ;-) lol. my 1/2" cornwell gun does well, but my 3/4 IR composite is the one i go to for the big shit.

WHEN IN DOUBT, BUY MORE BEER!!!!

ASE cert. mechanic 15 years.

http://www.picasaweb.google.com/das24rules

62 rambler classic (casper)
63 rambler american (rosie)
82 eagle sx4 (honeybadger)
82 eagle sw (rottywagon)
79 spirit (drag race car)

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 6:17 am 
Eagle

its been a while since anyone posted here. I washed the eagle again last night, now its all shiny again. even washed all of the mud out from under the flares. since there are going to be more people than normal in town this weekend, I figured it is a good time to confuse people! :derder:

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 8:22 pm 
Hornet

WHAT??!! wash mud off?? it woulda been even MORE confusing to people to go find a mud spot and just get the eagle covered in mud. that would make them really want to know what the hell was under it. ;-) people look at honeybadger alot more when its covered anyway. lol.

82 eagle sw (rottywagon)

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 8:32 pm 
Site Admin

Ultra exciting, the how to's in the making. Just gotta edit down the hours of video.

I got a new oil cap.

Some how that fucker came off. Super hard replacement.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 8:36 pm 
Hornet

p0wn, this would be to the front cv shaft maybe? its a BITCH if you dont have air tools i know. im spoiled tho, and wont be without a 30 gallon air compressor anymore for my air tools. i got tired of hauling my air tools back and forth to work (50 miles one way) so i just left my older IR stuff here at home, and bought some new cornwell air tools for work. easier to do warantee on the cornwell than IR.

82 eagle sw (rottywagon)

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 8:26 am 
Eagle

casper wrote:
WHAT??!! wash mud off?? it woulda been even MORE confusing to people to go find a mud spot and just get the eagle covered in mud. that would make them really want to know what the hell was under it. ;-) people look at honeybadger alot more when its covered anyway. lol.

so far it seems to attract more attention clean in town than when dirty :roll: it almost seems that when dirty, the opinion must pop into peoples minds that it is an old beater.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 4:35 pm 
AMX

Here lately all the nice weather has been on days I have to work so I haven't had a chance to do anything in quite some time. But today after work (and thanks to daylight savings) I had a few hours of nice, sunny day left to do something (though not much). I feel bad but I stole the metal sunvisor brackets out of the '87 to put into the '81. Honestly it didn't start out that way, I was actually planning an attack on the plastic visor brackets but it will take some time (more time than I'll have in the next week or so) so that will have to wait for now. The '81 driver seat managed to bite the tips of a couple of my fingers with that metal bracket in the reclining part of the seat :cry: hurt a bit, instant blood blisters. Also took off the driver side door stuff to get the mirror off and (hopefully) fixed that damn saggy, wobbly ass mirror once-and-for-all. Did this once before but it worked itself loose again :evil:. The metal and screws that hold the neck/arm and head together on those mirrors is what I am having problems with and the metal in those mirrors suck, it's way too soft. I am really sick of taking door panels, mirrors and all that crap apart.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 5:12 pm 
Hornet

im getting sick of messing with door pannels also. i have had 3 times to pull honeybadgers door pannel off to fix the rollpin in the jeep 1/2 door handles. its time to do it again. i got to figure something out to keep the damned pins from working their way out.

82 eagle sw (rottywagon)

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 7:29 pm 
Site Admin

casper wrote:
im getting sick of messing with door pannels also. i have had 3 times to pull honeybadgers door pannel off to fix the rollpin in the jeep 1/2 door handles. its time to do it again. i got to figure something out to keep the damned pins from working their way out.

Little tack weld on the roll pin will do the trick ;) .

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 748 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 75  Next