It is currently Sun Dec 17, 2017 11:39 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 748 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 75  Next
PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 8:48 pm 
Site Admin

Basically the same thing, I can't learn a damned thing until I actually try it, I can see it a hundred times, but still have no clue. :lol:

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 8:51 pm 
Eagle

trying to read a Motor service manual easily confuses me :oops: they could be a bit more specific and then I could understand it better. understanding amc's vacuum hose routing diagram for the 258 on the otherhand.... I don't know whats going on :lol:

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 9:04 pm 
Site Admin

:lol: I often wonder if they understood what was going on there..

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 10:19 pm 
Hornet

i cant learn SHIT from reading. i can read something 10 times, and still not know what the fuck i just read. and it pisses me off so bad. school SUCKED for that reason. i learn by watching and doing.

p0wn, you ever wanna make a weekend trip out of it, come to the east side of the state. like right now, im about to swap a 4.0 into my eagle that has a 4.2 with a 4.0 head. gotta swap alot of stuff over once i get honeybadgers motor out. its no big deal. just start looking for anything attatched, pull the motor out, swap anything thats different (serpintine to v-belts) oil pan, ignition system, intake/exhaust ect. pretty simple. well, in my mechanical only mind it is simple.

WHEN IN DOUBT, BUY MORE BEER!!!!

ASE cert. mechanic 15 years.

http://www.picasaweb.google.com/das24rules

62 rambler classic (casper)
63 rambler american (rosie)
82 eagle sx4 (honeybadger)
82 eagle sw (rottywagon)
79 spirit (drag race car)

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 11:04 pm 
Site Admin

I'd could do it not next weekend but the weekend after that.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 7:44 pm 
Hornet

well, the motor is about 90% out of honey badger tonight. just those 3 damned bolts on the top of the bellhousing. one of the guys at work has about a 3 1/2 foot extension that we use for pulling trans/engines. gonna see if i can borrow it tomorrow night to lay on my back and get them bolts. anyone got their own tips/tricks for getting them 3? i pulled the motor mounts hoping the motor would sit down low enough to get with what i have at the house here, but no dice. also got the 4.0 i picked up yesterday stripped of all not neede parts. (crank pulley, intake/exhaust, wire harness, flexplate ect.) hopefully next weekend honeybadger will be back on the road. (given this new motor is actually as stated as a good runner.) when i pulled the water pump off this 4.0, it looks like a BRAND NEW motor around inside the water chambers! not a bit of corrosion, sediment or ANYTHING. just nice shiny metal of the block/cylinder walls. even the soft plugs look new inside. just had oil all over the block. im hoping maybe this motor has been rebuilt or actually taken care of! i will post a bunch of the 4.0 parts i have in a for sale thread when i go thru and see what i have that someone could use.

WHEN IN DOUBT, BUY MORE BEER!!!!

ASE cert. mechanic 15 years.

http://www.picasaweb.google.com/das24rules

62 rambler classic (casper)
63 rambler american (rosie)
82 eagle sx4 (honeybadger)
82 eagle sw (rottywagon)
79 spirit (drag race car)

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 8:27 pm 
Pacer

replaced the valve cover gasket on Eagle Eyes tonight, was not fun. a word of advice to those of you who have a metal valve cover don't let it touch the battery (i accidentaly did) unless you want to see a light show. on a side note the clock now sometimes works. :?

viewtopic.php?f=10&t=1003

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 7:40 am 
Pacer

Small update to my Eagle rescue, still planned for Mar. 2nd, still same buddy helping. Changed from his 4WD pickup & trailer to his wrecker. He just got the wrecker about a week or two & is trying to get it road ready (been sitting A LONG time). Will try to see if I can get a pic up here. Not computer literate & the layout here's different so I have to hunt around for stuff.

Okay, thought I had it, but no pic I can see. Trying again. Still don't see it. Got Bleep's pics up okay on the Jeep section. Thought I did the same thing here to put the pic on & not seeing it???

One more time, try something different.

http://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/12207 ... st12808090

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 2:40 pm 
Eagle

I finally finished one center cap off a jeep, have three more to go then they will be done :P then ill I have left is to drill out the wheels and paint them silver.

too bring it back up to date:

1985amceagle wrote:
bought some center caps of a jeep xj in the u pull. one the center plastic is pealing so it is going to turn into come up with a creative design for the centers, I already have an idea for the center so that will slowly be worked on. it will then turn to drill out the wheels on the eagle and paint them silver.

this is the design i went with. the one without the letters I think I would try to raise the emblem on, the other would turnout as a vinyl sticker that would be applied to the surface. the surface would be a metallic silver along with the stock eagle wheel

i would have left it with the jeep emblems, but the center plastic was peeling off so i decided to replace it with the amc emblem. i even had an excuse for why it had jeep hubcaps: a concord got hungry and at a jeep at the assembly plant.
i just scaned of a section of the hubcap, so that's why the poor but ok pictures are there.

this is close to the look im going for. I don't know about the trim rings right now, and the attached picture is one I stole from shag's sx4 build thread.

Attachments:
SX4184.jpg
SX4184.jpg [ 47.53 KiB | Viewed 990 times ]

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 7:25 pm 
Pacer

blew the heater hose that comes off the thermastat housing on the way home. managed to get that fixed then got almost home and the left front tire decided it wanted to try and come off :shock: (thankfully it didn't) right in front of discount tires who checked it out for me and replaced all the lugnuts (they were the cause of the wheel trying to come off) for me.

viewtopic.php?f=10&t=1003

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 748 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 75  Next