It is currently Wed Dec 13, 2017 6:22 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 748 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 75  Next
PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 11:09 pm 
Hornet

going to pick up whats said to be a '93 4.0 tomorrow. i will drop that in honeybadger till i get my stroker done. i started trying to rush the stroker motor, but this motor popped up for a good price on cl. now maybe i can take my time with the stroker motor. the 4.2 in honeybadger has all but died. my 5.5 cyl 4.8L self bored motor fills cyl 5 up with oil when idling, then its VERY embarassing to drive because of the cloud of smoke. time to pull it out. eh, when i put the stroker motor in, (unless this 4.0 just runs to damned good.) i will have everything for a second stroker motor using the parts from honeybadgers motor. hoping this $200 4.0 is healthy!!

WHEN IN DOUBT, BUY MORE BEER!!!!

ASE cert. mechanic 15 years.

http://www.picasaweb.google.com/das24rules

62 rambler classic (casper)
63 rambler american (rosie)
82 eagle sx4 (honeybadger)
82 eagle sw (rottywagon)
79 spirit (drag race car)

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 10:06 am 
Eagle

Fair price for a healthy one. Just the motor or other stuff too? I've offered my whole '94 XJ for $300 and there have been no takers. Might as well part it out and save the goodies. Probably worth more as parts anyway.

1970 Ambassador SST 2 dr Hard Top Coupe
1980 Concord DL 4 dr
1982 Eagle SX/4 Sport

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 5:32 pm 
Pacer

Made more plans to rescue it. Sent a message to local law enforcement where it is concerning my options. what paperwork I need, etc. Also asked about the possibility of a deputy/police officer being present then.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 5:34 pm 
Eagle

hope you manage to get your eagle back! good luck and keep us up to date on this

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 7:51 pm 
Pacer

Thanks for the well wishes. After about 12 pages of texting messages from it, I decided to postpone it for a couple weeks. Weather permitting, I have a buddy from FTE (FORD Truck Enthusiasts, similar to this, but for (FORD trucks) who just bought & is in the process of putting back on the road a '78(?)) '79(?) F350 wrecker that we plan to use. As a backup plan, he has a '78(?) '79(?) F150 4WD & a trailer WITH A WINCH!!! I pay for his gas from his house to here, up to my Eagle, back here, & back to his house. Long haul (15½ hours driving time for him), but I'm getting nervous due to some things I've recently heard.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 7:55 pm 
Hornet

damn pat that sounds spendy. hope your shit is still around.

i ran about 200 mile round trip today to go pick up an early H.O. 4.0. guy said it was a '92 or 93. it turned by hand, so fine. looked complete, just oiled down. while turning the crank tho, theres a little slop and "clunk clunk" before resistance. UH OH!! gotta drop the oil pan anyway for the honeybadger, so thats coming off in the morning. hoping it may be just a loose timing chain and not rod bearings completely worn out. (if so i just paid $200 for another stroker core.) find out tomorrow i guess.

WHEN IN DOUBT, BUY MORE BEER!!!!

ASE cert. mechanic 15 years.

http://www.picasaweb.google.com/das24rules

62 rambler classic (casper)
63 rambler american (rosie)
82 eagle sx4 (honeybadger)
82 eagle sw (rottywagon)
79 spirit (drag race car)

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 8:22 pm 
Site Admin

casper wrote:
damn pat that sounds spendy. hope your shit is still around.

i ran about 200 mile round trip today to go pick up an early H.O. 4.0. guy said it was a '92 or 93. it turned by hand, so fine. looked complete, just oiled down. while turning the crank tho, theres a little slop and "clunk clunk" before resistance. UH OH!! gotta drop the oil pan anyway for the honeybadger, so thats coming off in the morning. hoping it may be just a loose timing chain and not rod bearings completely worn out. (if so i just paid $200 for another stroker core.) find out tomorrow i guess.

I hope to achieve this level of mechanical nerdery before I die hahaha. Fuck it sounds so cool.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 8:32 pm 
Pacer

Alot of mechanical nerdery is self-taught. Hell, I just spent this morning pulling my fender off, never done it nor watched it done before. Even got most of the bolts back in, too! :lol:

A buggy in the shop isn't as hard core as a stocker in the bush

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 8:41 pm 
Site Admin

Agreed, reading comprehension is the most powerful tool, buy a book, and read it, then do it, I was able to teach myself how to rebuild auto transmissions this way, not to mention the infamous Q-Jet, :lol: .

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 8:45 pm 
Eagle

for some reason I like watching it done, just to get an idea how everything comes apart. on the other hand the eagle doors, just took it apart and learned as I go

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 748 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 75  Next