It is currently Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:15 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 8:34 am 
Rogue

Shot the guys at Ksport an e-mail to see if they might be interested in doing a set of coilover top plates for AMC's, and the response was "nothing is impossible so if you can drum up interest we can revisit building a set , but we would have to build at least 50 kits for the factory to spend time engineering them"

I don't see 50 sets being a HUGE investment here for them, and I'm sure there's more than 50 guys who would buy them.

I'd be down for a pair without a doubt.

Anybody else?

-Hans

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 9:08 am 
Eagle

Interested...but it would depend on price...and finding 50 people to spend the money might be harder than you think.

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 9:38 am 
Rogue

I agree as well, probably going to be a tough sell. Their more advanced version, with the camber/caster adjustments for the top of the coilover, runs at $250 per pair. Though remember, this is just the top mount, not sure how much a new bottom mount would run.... most likely a LOT less than $250 per pair though, as it's a much simpler mount.

I know that I really need them for my project, so figured I'd see if there was enough interest to make them a regular part instead of just having a one-off set made for myself (If I can even find a place to do that)

-Hans

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 9:45 am 
Eagle

As much as it sucks...it's probably your best bet for someone locally to help custom make a set...you can tell them if they turn out good their might be a chance for others to be interested in purchasing a pair.

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 9:55 am 
Site Admin

I think you should do the dual shock system like the 80's amc eagle rally cars.

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 10:08 am 
Rogue

Shocks are the easy part, and a modern adjustable or bypass shock with remote will be far better than the old 80's dual shock setups. They ran the dual shocks to keep them from foaming and to keep the fluid temps down. (God, remember those crappy 80's show trucks? 16 shocks on the front end, but half of them were drilled out to remove the fluids.)

My concern is springs. I'll need to be able to easily swap out springs for different events, and you can't do that if you need to have them custom wound all the time and use a big wonky tool to get them out.

-Hans