It is currently Sat Dec 16, 2017 10:36 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Re: Random questions
PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 12:49 pm 
AMX

thereverendbill wrote:
Mud wrote:

8) I got a Gronk carb as a hand-me-down. Was told it is a 2150, though I know nothing about carbs and hope everything is there as well. I contacted Gronk before buying it and he said he'd help me in any way he can and send me installation instructions since it is one of his carbs. Well I guess he has been busy or something as I have contacted him 3 times now asking if I could get the instructions with no response. Anyone happen to have them?

did you also get his adaptor plate?

No, I will need the adapter plate too. As the guy I got it from said he only had a 2bbl-4bbl adapter.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 1:01 pm 
Rebel

Mud wrote:

7) When I got the car the courtesy and dome lights didn't work, found the fuse was in backwards. Turned it around and they do work, though they do NOT turn off. Where should I start my investigations?

Have you tried rotating the headlight switch handle? If that's not it, it could be a door switch.

Last edited by Mernsy on Wed Apr 03, 2013 2:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 1:58 pm 
Pacer

Mud wrote:
thereverendbill wrote:
Mud wrote:

8) I got a Gronk carb as a hand-me-down. Was told it is a 2150, though I know nothing about carbs and hope everything is there as well. I contacted Gronk before buying it and he said he'd help me in any way he can and send me installation instructions since it is one of his carbs. Well I guess he has been busy or something as I have contacted him 3 times now asking if I could get the instructions with no response. Anyone happen to have them?

did you also get his adaptor plate?

No, I will need the adapter plate too. As the guy I got it from said he only had a 2bbl-4bbl adapter.

when i installed mine I used the Mr. Gasket adaptor plate (model 1937) and I had to make a gasket due to a vacuum leak between the adaptor and the manafold. Gronk makes a much better adaptor plate

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 4:55 pm 
AMX

Mernsy wrote:
Mud wrote:

7) When I got the car the courtesy and dome lights didn't work, found the fuse was in backwards. Turned it around and they do work, though they do NOT turn off. Where should I start my investigations?

Have you tried rotating the headlight switch handle? If that's not it, it could be a door switch.

Yea, tried that (rotating the headlight switch) and wasn't it unfortunately. Will look and see of it's possibly the door swtch.

Last edited by Mud on Wed Apr 03, 2013 6:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 4:58 pm 
AMX

thereverendbill wrote:
when i installed mine I used the Mr. Gasket adaptor plate (model 1937) and I had to make a gasket due to a vacuum leak between the adaptor and the manafold. Gronk makes a much better adaptor plate

Gronk did tell me he sells his plates separately for $40. I am thinking I will have to go that route.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 2:24 pm 
AMX

Mud wrote:
thereverendbill wrote:

Gronk did tell me he sells his plates separately for $40. I am thinking I will have to go that route.

:soapbox:
After Gronk told me on 3/26 before I bought the carb that he would sell the adapter plate separately and (I quote) "If it was one of my kits I will offer any support you need to install." & when asked if it was one of his carbs, he said "I believe it is. I did sell a kit to that nest member."
I have since contacted him multiple times now (4/1 & 4/9 through Ebay, 3/26 & 4/15 through the Nest) asking for an adapter plate and installation instructions with no response.

I have looked into the Mr Gasket adapter but have read quite a few negatives on it. And the only place in town that had 1 (literally) in stock was sold.

I also have parts (shipped on 4/8) coming from Alaska, that are still sitting in the same spot in Alaska!
And no work for the past 2 weekends due to unforeseen circumstances. Gotta watch the spending money for awhile now. But with this time off and everything listed above not here, not much to do around here either.
:end rant:

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 9:27 pm 
Eagle

Try Gronk's personal email...also I have the installation instructions I believe if you want me to email them to you just let me know what your addy is.

Gronk's email: michael.ehrmann@hotmail.com

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 9:49 pm 
AMX

Thanks Rafe! Didn't have his personal email. Guess I will give it a few more days then shoot him one, since I already feel stalkerish. Just wish he'd respond already.
I'll shoot a PM to ya.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 9:52 pm 
Hornet

gronk was building a buisness last i heard from him before i got banned from the nazi nest. he may be busy with that. some people arent online all the time like some of us other interweb dwellers. lol.

WHEN IN DOUBT, BUY MORE BEER!!!!

ASE cert. mechanic 15 years.

http://www.picasaweb.google.com/das24rules

62 rambler classic (casper)
63 rambler american (rosie)
82 eagle sx4 (honeybadger)
82 eagle sw (rottywagon)
79 spirit (drag race car)

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 7:33 pm 
Site Admin

Last I knew GRONK was also still active in the military, so that could be a factor as well.