It is currently Sun Dec 10, 2017 9:37 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Re: Random questions
PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 9:19 am 
AMX

casper wrote:
gronk was building a buisness last i heard from him before i got banned from the nazi nest. he may be busy with that. some people arent online all the time like some of us other interweb dwellers. lol.

Shagg wrote:
Last I knew GRONK was also still active in the military, so that could be a factor as well.

Y'all sure know how to make a girl feel bad lol. Though I have seen him on the Nest occasionally lately.

ETA: Updated the OP.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 9:32 am 
Eagle

He's notoriously bad at keeping in touch. Emails and PM are not responded to timely..or at all. And he lists his number with the install instructions but I called multiple times and texted and left voicemails and never got a response.

The problem is I think he is getting quite a bit of business and it's just him...I don't think he had any help so he's getting flooded by Jeep and Eagle guys.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 7:11 am 
AMX

Well still hadn't heard from him, so I broke down and emailed him directly on 4/27. Got a response right then, sent money via PP then emailed him asking if he would let me know when he ships it out (and a tracking # if it happens to have one) and hadn't heard nothing from him since. So I am hoping it is on it's way :?
This seems to be a bigger pain than it should be.

Quote:
He's notoriously bad at keeping in touch. Emails and PM are not responded to timely..or at all. And he lists his number with the install instructions but I called multiple times and texted and left voicemails and never got a response.

Oh man! I hope I don't have any problems when I go to install. That scares me a bit Rafe.
I am NOT a carb person at all, I know absolutely ZILCH about them. I am just hoping I will understand the instructions once I am in there and dealing with everything.
Sucks that I learned how to jailbreak iPhones and other odd-nerdy things like that but when it comes to learning on cars I totally stink.
My biggest problem is I am not one of those read-the-instructions-and-be-able-to-do-it type people.
Instead I need to be shown how, a hands-on type learner.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 9:17 am 
Eagle

Well good luck with the instructions...unless he's updated them they are written for the Jeep...though it's very very similar, it's also very lengthy. He goes in way more detail than I think he needed. Trying to explain how everything works. I just wanted some quick 1, 2, 3...type instructions.

I also broke my carb when I was bolting it down. Make sure to tighten loosely around each corner before torqueing it down. I think I was just tightening one side too far before doing the rest and I broke one of the ears of the base. Finished it up anyway, but was getting a vacuum leak there. He eventually sent me a new base at no cost.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 9:42 am 
AMX

Prafeston wrote:
Well good luck with the instructions...unless he's updated them they are written for the Jeep...though it's very very similar, it's also very lengthy. He goes in way more detail than I think he needed. Trying to explain how everything works. I just wanted some quick 1, 2, 3...type instructions.

I noticed that they were LONG and kinda confusing too.
I too would prefer the quick 1,2,3 type... a wham-bam-thank you-Ma'am deal. Wish there was a straight forward Eagle version. Have been reading up on other sites and have also been seeing that not every 2150 (or 2100) are exactly the same, so that confuses matters greatly.

Prafeston wrote:
I also broke my carb when I was bolting it down. Make sure to tighten loosely around each corner before torqueing it down. I think I was just tightening one side too far before doing the rest and I broke one of the ears of the base. Finished it up anyway, but was getting a vacuum leak there. He eventually sent me a new base at no cost.

Thanks, I will definitely keep that in mind.

Well I did get an email just shortly after posting this :? saying it was going to be mailed out today.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 5:16 pm 
Hornet

i have done the kit before. im a mechanic at an auto repair shop. its real easy to do really. got any q's shoot me pms.

WHEN IN DOUBT, BUY MORE BEER!!!!

ASE cert. mechanic 15 years.

http://www.picasaweb.google.com/das24rules

62 rambler classic (casper)
63 rambler american (rosie)
82 eagle sx4 (honeybadger)
82 eagle sw (rottywagon)
79 spirit (drag race car)

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 5:23 pm 
AMX

casper wrote:
i have done the kit before. im a mechanic at an auto repair shop. its real easy to do really. got any q's shoot me pms.

Awesome! Will do Casper. Thanks. Just remember I know ZILCH about carbs and I will probably be saying "doohickey-this" and "doohickey-that" :lol: So blonde or laymens terms will be best.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 5:33 pm 
Hornet

i can do that. lol. i told to explain things once in a while to people who dont know what a damned dipstick is to check oils or anything. lol.

WHEN IN DOUBT, BUY MORE BEER!!!!

ASE cert. mechanic 15 years.

http://www.picasaweb.google.com/das24rules

62 rambler classic (casper)
63 rambler american (rosie)
82 eagle sx4 (honeybadger)
82 eagle sw (rottywagon)
79 spirit (drag race car)

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 6:26 pm 
AMX

casper wrote:
i can do that. lol. i told to explain things once in a while to people who dont know what a damned dipstick is to check oils or anything. lol.

:shock: Damn! Yea, I am not that bad :lol: ...that's sad.