It is currently Tue Dec 12, 2017 2:14 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Random questions
PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 9:54 am 
AMX

WARNING: Lots of random questions/comments ahead!

This may seem stupid but I have been contemplating this for months now and still haven't been able to come to a conclusion on the route to go.
So I am in need of some advise/criticism on a few things. Tell me your why's and/or why not's, maybe their is something I have not considered.

First off, I have thought about debadging it:
Pro's:
Confuse others. They would either have to know what it is or confront me.
I like the idea of others not knowing what it is, especially by just a glance.

Con's:
Maybe the confrontations might not be high but if they are, will I have time everytime (possibly) I go out?
Who knows but at some point it might get old, but don't see how that would happen.

I even thought about replacing the badging with Jeep too just for kicks. I personally think it would be funny but I also think being a girl is a disadvantage as most would probably not get it at all and just think I am a dumb girl.
If I do keep the badging, I am thinking about blacking it out instead of the chrome look.

2) Also I am having a hard time wanting to drill holes into the car. So I haven't installed the little winglets, which isn't a huge deal as it looks pretty good without them. But recently ran across another "Fuck, how can I do this without drilling holes" moment...
I am wanting to add KC lights up top and need somewhere to run the wires, is there a good way to do this without drilling? Give me your idea's, tips, how-to's, whatever.

3) Planning on (at some point) running 4 KC's, 2 to 4 fogs, a CD player with at least 4 speakers and maybe an amp (haven't thought about the setup quite yet), also maybe an on-board air system, and a winch at some point as well.
I am thinking I will have to at least upgrade my alternator. Is there anything else I would need to upgrade? What should I upgrade to, so that I don't have to upgrade again in the future or as things get added?

4) Oh and it's an early '81 and I haven't had a chance yet to look since I thought of it but did these have the computer? All the smog stuff?

5) [strikethrough]And if one decided to get a carb, would 2100 or 2150 be the way to go? From what I understand (and I could be wrong) the difference between the 2 is one is for cars equipped with smog stuff and the other is not :?: .[/strikethrough]

6) Is there any way to fix the saggy lopsided glovebox doors?

7) When I got the car the courtesy and dome lights didn't work, found the fuse was in backwards. Turned it around and they do work, though they do NOT turn off. Where should I start my investigations?

8) [strikethrough]I got a Gronk carb as a hand-me-down. Was told it is a 2150, though I know nothing about carbs and hope everything is there as well. I contacted Gronk before buying it and he said he'd help me in any way he can and send me installation instructions since it is one of his carbs. Well I guess he has been busy or something as I have contacted him 3 times now asking if I could get the instructions with no response. Anyone happen to have them?[/strikethrough] Got these. Thanks Rafe!

9) I believe I read somewhere about when changing from a regular steering wheel to a sport steering wheel that there was some problem with it? A clip or something? I can't remember what it was. So am I remembering right or just thinking I am?

I feel that I am forgetting something but if I did I'll post it later. I'll probably keep editing this OP to add to it.

Last edited by Mud on Tue Apr 23, 2013 9:39 am, edited 4 times in total.

Post subject: Re: Random questions
PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 10:45 am 
Pacer

A wiring idea, but rather labor intensive. How hidden do you want it? You would have to pull up the carpet or at least a kick panel. Run the wires behind there over to the door, pull the door plate, run them under there across to the latch edge of the door & then pull interior plastic there to go up. They would then still show when you came out the top edge of the door across the bar you have the lights mounted on. Possibly someone else has an easier way.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 10:57 am 
AMX

I would like it as hidden as possible. I have googled looking for idea's but not much out there (other than drilling). Found one referring to something like you mention Pat and another about running it down the windshield under the trim into the engine bay then through the firewall. But both of these idea's were for other vehicles and can't even remember right now if there is even enough room under the windshield trim on the Eagles to do that. My memory (since it's been awhile since I have looked under the trim) says no there isn't enough room.

Last edited by Mud on Sat Mar 23, 2013 3:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 3:01 pm 
Eagle

The easiest way to check if yours in computer equipped is to look to see if there is an electrical plug unit in the back of the carb.

1970 Ambassador SST 2 dr Hard Top Coupe
1980 Concord DL 4 dr
1982 Eagle SX/4 Sport

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 3:02 pm 
Eagle

I think the only Eagle badge on mine right now is on the back. Confusion is good.

1980 Concord DL 4 dr
1982 Eagle SX/4 Sport

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 10:55 am 
AMX

Doug wrote:
The easiest way to check if yours in computer equipped is to look to see if there is an electrical plug unit in the back of the carb.

Got some pics. It looks to have a plug in the back, though I didn't chase it down. Was too busy cleaning out a nest a bird had made in the engine bay during winter :roll:

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 11:21 am 
Eagle

Not a feed back carburetor. I have never seen a cover like the one you have over the choke pull back linkage.

The feed back plug is circled in red:

1980 Concord DL 4 dr
1982 Eagle SX/4 Sport

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 12:28 pm 
AMX

:banana: Yay! So no worries on trying to figure out the N U T T E R!
And one less thing to do.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 12:16 pm 
AMX

Thought of another one.

7) When I got the car the courtesy and dome lights didn't work, found the fuse was in backwards. Turned it around and they do work, though they do NOT turn off. Where should I start my investigations?

8) I got a Gronk carb as a hand-me-down. Was told it is a 2150, though I know nothing about carbs and hope everything is there as well. I contacted Gronk before buying it and he said he'd help me in any way he can and send me installation instructions since it is one of his carbs. Well I guess he has been busy or something as I have contacted him 3 times now asking if I could get the instructions with no response. Anyone happen to have them?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 12:45 pm 
Pacer

Mud wrote:

8) I got a Gronk carb as a hand-me-down. Was told it is a 2150, though I know nothing about carbs and hope everything is there as well. I contacted Gronk before buying it and he said he'd help me in any way he can and send me installation instructions since it is one of his carbs. Well I guess he has been busy or something as I have contacted him 3 times now asking if I could get the instructions with no response. Anyone happen to have them?

did you also get his adaptor plate?