It is currently Wed Dec 13, 2017 3:21 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: 1968 Rebel in the Weeds
PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 3:08 pm 
Rogue

These pictures were taken in September 2011 while I was on vacation in British Columbia.

I spotted the car easily enough, as it was sitting only about 30 feet from a pretty busy road at the property entrance. A 1980s BMW was beside it, and a few other derelict vehicles dotted the property. I took the first couple of pictures from a distance, then scooted up to the car to wipe some dirt from the windshield and snap a shot of the VIN.

I didn't see any house or other buildings at first. When I turned to leave I spotted what may have been a house nestled among the trees up a small hill in the direction that the Rebel was facing.

I'm going to be out that way on vacation again next week. I'm wondering if I should attempt to knock on the door and ask about it, and whether the owner will be approachable or I'll be staring at the business end of a 12 gauge. :holyshit:

I'm sure there are probably lots of stories about trying to ask property owners about cars on their land - some of which resulted in successful purchase of the car, others which ended up involving dogs or firearms. :o

1980 Eagle 2 door
1981 Eagle SX/4
1981 Eagle wagon
1982 Concord 2 door
1987 Eagle 4 door
1987 Eagle wagon

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 3:15 pm 
Eagle

Its a '68. Body looks to be in good shape. When built it had a 3 speed auto floor shift, and hard to tell but it looks like an "N" engine which would have been a 290 4bbl.

1970 Ambassador SST 2 dr Hard Top Coupe
1980 Concord DL 4 dr
1982 Eagle SX/4 Sport

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2013 8:56 pm 
Pacer

El Matador just texted me, and he says he's gonna do his best to have another look at it, during his vacation...

Yup, when he goes away with the wife and kids, he hunts AMC's. I personally don't know of anyone better for the job. That boy can spot a concord, eagle, or any AMC driving at 120 kms (about 70-75 mph) down a highway, with the car wayyyy in the bushes, behind an old falling down barn, out of the corner of his eye, half covered with weeds.

I make fun of Dean ALLOT, but really... he can spot them in the worst light, with the least amount of time, showing the least amount of car, in the worst possible angle, at great distances.

If Dean was a sniper, he'd be beyond deadly. Even Carlos Hathcock would be impressed with Dean's eye.