It is currently Mon Dec 11, 2017 2:35 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Re: 2014 Cherokee
PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 3:37 pm 
Eagle

1985amceagle wrote:
never knew that. was that al of them?

I'm not sure. Ours does. Its the kind of thing AMC would have thought of though.

1970 Ambassador SST 2 dr Hard Top Coupe
1980 Concord DL 4 dr
1982 Eagle SX/4 Sport

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 5:45 pm 
Site Admin

Yes they all did (on another note, quick run through with a drill on one side, the amc xj rear seat is a drop in for the lack luster chryco versions, though the fronts are a little more tricky, can be done as well). Ah what was old is new again, I find it rather amusing when new vehicles claim little features as milestones, yeah 30 year old ones :smh: . To stay on topic, :fuuuckyou: to the new cherokee, another cookie cutter fiat pos, why bother? Slap a chryco label on it rather than a jeep badge, imo.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 5:49 pm 
Eagle

Hell, a Dodge Nitro looks more like a Jeep than this thing and I would not buy one of those either.

1970 Ambassador SST 2 dr Hard Top Coupe
1980 Concord DL 4 dr
1982 Eagle SX/4 Sport

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 5:51 pm 
Eagle

I just realized something, this is exactly like when Renault got in with amc, everything started to see Renault traits, they actually did well with jeep though, and ran that better than fiat is now.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 6:56 pm 
Rogue

Doug wrote:
1985amceagle wrote:
never knew that. was that al of them?

I'm not sure. Ours does. Its the kind of thing AMC would have thought of though.

Our 2000 Cherokee also has storage under the rear seat. It's not very deep but it does have some function.

I read something to the effect that long about 2002 Chrysler dealers were telling the parent company to ditch the 4.0 and everything else "old" about the Cherokee. Obviously Chryco listened to its dealers and not the buying public. :itchy:

For a few years one could not so much as buy a new 'kee. I suppose one could be pleased that Chryco has resurrected the Cherokee (as opposed to the Grand Cherokee), but what's linked to does not bear any resemblance whatsoever to the classic Cherokee. Instead it looks like Chryco is trying to target younger, more "hip" buyers. It's just another example of the Detroit tradition of changing things just for the sake of change...something AMC found unnecessary for the Eagle and the rest is history.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 6:00 am 
Pacer

I'm on the edge for the new Cherokee. As the replacement for the XJ do I like it? No. As a new vehicle, in itself, do I like it? Yes!

But Randal, why the fuck do you like it? Well...because of what it will do in the long run for the whole off roading community.

The new Cherokee runs off full IFS, front and rear. Really nice driving, and I don't doubt that it'll be able to go through some nasty shit, as opposed to Kias and everything else that pretends. The Trailhawk is going to prove itself, although not as capable as a true Jeep, it has been made to take the path less taken.

Weellllllll I don't give a fuck is what I'm hearing from you all. That's STILL a Fiat PoS.

Yes...but it's a Fiat PANDA!! Modified and in disguise to look sharp, but still the Panda. Which is an absolutely capable little beast, and I would own one in a second flat for a DD. So here we are, sitting with a retarded looking modernized SuV with the Jeep Cherokee name slammed all over it, full IFS, 3.2L V6, 8 speed transmission. With a full compliment of skidplates and trail rated!

Do you have any idea what this will do for the offroad community? Because I do.

Look up long travel kit for any vehicle. They cost in the THOUSANDS, which is ridiculous, and they take some fab skills to put on for some vehicles. But why should you give a lord loving shit for this? IFS long travel kits are very expensive now.

So out comes the new 'Kee.

Everyone LOVED the old 'Kee.

Now every shitfaced yuppie will think themselves and offroader, and then realize that "holy shit, I be scraping me balls on the dirt!". Companies are going to see this want, nay, NEED, for long travel kits. No longer will they sit in the realm of Ford / Toyota / Chev owners, because once Jeep or another name gets ahold of long travel and starts slamming that shit as an option the price is going to drop. Like a rock.

Independent suspension / CV is tough, it's what the Raptor uses and most other rally cars. Although we'd love more solid axle action, I'm sorry to say that this is going to be the future for most, if not all, vehicles.

TL;DR : The new Cherokee will be popular, people will create a large market for long travel kits, thus bringing the price down like lift kits. Why? Because the vehicle has the name Jeep on it.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 10:55 am 
Eagle

I don't want to say this, but I believe the modern Cherokee was designed as a crossover :speedy: as far as the independent suspension becoming the norm, I belive that will happen. those yuppies with think solid axles are junk, and that ifs is the greatest thing ever. im just waiting till they make a kit for the eagle, which will never happen

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 1:37 pm 
Pacer

I wonder if there's any current kits adaptable for the Eagle. I could stand a bit of a lift.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 1:46 pm 
Eagle

if there are, im sure a lot of us would like to know about it i would like for mine to sit higher that it does.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 3:04 pm 
Site Admin

Closest thing was mick's kit he offered for a while (welding required), other than that, piece by piece home made/modified parts is the way to do it.