It is currently Mon Dec 18, 2017 4:52 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Re: Xj bumpers
PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2014 4:13 pm 
Javelin

I once noticed the 1980 Eagle station wagon and the Kammback have the same squiggle to the rear bumper.

The rear bumper on an SX4 is the same casting as the front bumper, a straight line with a little angle in the middle. The Station wagon and Sedans have a curve to the rear bumper. I once grabbed an SX4 rear bumper with a factory hitch and put it on the front of a wagon with the idea of pushing trailers around from the front like a fork lift. Its a good way to put a boat trailer down a ramp.

I also cut my Spirit front bumper down because I despise how far the bumper reaches on Spirits. It's hideous to me. When I cut it down it a couple inches it became the width of the 1980 Eagle front bumper, which is still much wider than newer Eagle bumpers. I'd say a 1980 Eagle front bumper would be the best to look for if you want the detached bumper in the front or in the rear (SX4 only)

Post subject: Re: Xj bumpers
PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2014 10:27 am 
Site Admin

Hmmm, that may be something I'll look in to. Not a fan of the huge mustache bumpers either.