It is currently Fri Sep 22, 2017 6:08 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 6:44 pm 
Eagle

Shagg wrote:
mmmmmm turbo 4.0, lol that would be sweet! or maybe just say screw the sixer and go 401 :twisted:

Like I said rafe, any mod I do (if I even chose to) will be a bolt in deal, it could always be changed back with no evidence of the stray. So if I ever chose to sell the car, it would go in stock form.

Man, it was so easy to dream up ideas when the car wasn't mine, now, I have no fawkin clue what I want to do with it, other than, I know I want to drive it in the nice season, and I know I want to enjoy it. This year it will likely remain as an Eagle (due to funds), but a hotrod spirit with awd does sound rather appealing......Just think, a lowered sx/4, a snailed 401, an ax15, and the option of awd on dry pavement would make for the ultimate fun machine in my mind, lol. (pipe dream, $$$$$$$$ required).

I like even better! : 1985amceagle:

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 7:07 pm 
Eagle

I just say...whatever you do. Keep the 4wd!!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 7:25 pm 
Hornet

I was thinking a turbo'd 4.0 due to when driven tamely, it could still get decent mpg. but, when you want to eat an sti's ASS, just lay into the throttle. hell, if you went full stupid, build a stroker, and use mega squirt or some other aftermarket ecu. (I seem to remember something about one tuner guys use that has a switch or button for street or full tilt stupid) but ya, got one of them preppy corn cobb reamed assed sti guys, change the tune in a fraction of a second and show him hes not all that. lol. 17" wheels with say 245/45/17 bf kdws tires, fat swaybars. for the lowering on the front, cut a coil out. that will make the drop plus stiffen it. build a triangulated 4 link for the rear with coil overs. then LET HER EAT!!! I bet a reasonably built stroker inliner, with a GOOD ecu, tuned right could build 400+ hp and same on the tq numbers. computers can do crazy shit now days!!

sorry, this was what I was thinking I would have done with my red sx4 till I lost my job and sold it. might make an sx4 worth the 25k an '05 sti is still bringing in. lol.

WHEN IN DOUBT, BUY MORE BEER!!!!

ASE cert. mechanic 15 years.

http://www.picasaweb.google.com/das24rules

62 rambler classic (casper)
63 rambler american (rosie)
82 eagle sx4 (honeybadger)
82 eagle sw (rottywagon)
79 spirit (drag race car)

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 7:47 pm 
Eagle

Bunch of enablers in here!

Stroker Engine
https://www.golenengineservice.com/engines/jeep

Jeepspeed Crate Race Motor (4.0L)
http://jeepspeed.com/jeepspeed-crate-ra ... -4-0l.aspx

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 8:06 pm 
Site Admin

lol!!! Enablers, nah, I'm a knuckledragger always looking to gain hp, I can't leave anything alone (hence why I don't have a real muscle car for fear of devaluing it), nothing stock is good enough. I'd rather have a kick ass misfit any day!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 11:38 pm 
Hornet

I think that's exactly why my idea of sti eater would be so bad ass!!! I got honeybadger, that's the "current day" sx4. 4.0, 229 t-case, 3.08 gears, larger tires ect. I thought my other sx4 would be sweet with a 2" or so drop and have plates of "stilnch"

WHEN IN DOUBT, BUY MORE BEER!!!!

ASE cert. mechanic 15 years.

http://www.picasaweb.google.com/das24rules

62 rambler classic (casper)
63 rambler american (rosie)
82 eagle sx4 (honeybadger)
82 eagle sw (rottywagon)
79 spirit (drag race car)