It is currently Mon Nov 20, 2017 10:12 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 62 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 5:31 pm 
Metropolitan

Shagg wrote:
Lookin good, are you going to have to run a panhard bar with that? I see the lower being triangulated but not the Upper? or is that just the picture throwing an illusion.

It's a Satchell style setup so the lowers triangulate and the uppers are straight. A panhard bar is not needed with this type of setup.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 7:22 am 
Metropolitan

Temps in the mid 60's was enough of a reason to paint. It wasn't completely ready but it's better than nothing for 6 months. Some spots ran, some didn't get painted, I'll worry about touch ups in the spring.

Used a combination of Turpentine, Tar remover, propane torch and acetone to strip off the undercoating

Cleaned and prepped (mostly)

Color of choice - "Metallic Slate"

Primed and painted

Next step:
Weld in the 4-link and make it a roller

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 6:35 pm 
Site Admin

Damn, talk about thorough, :holyshit: , like having a brand new eagle, very cool, great work as always!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 7:58 pm 
Javelin

Awesome job dude. I'm looking at options to do my under coating after some rust repair. What do you recommend?

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 8:19 pm 
Eagle

Wow, yeah, that's thorough. Wish my SX/4 could get that kind of treatment!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 9:27 am 
Metropolitan

Shagg wrote:
Damn, talk about thorough, :holyshit: , like having a brand new eagle, very cool, great work as always!

A good friend of mine was joking around, said he had a bolt to some obscure car and asked if I could build the rest of it.

dleberfinger wrote:
Awesome job dude. I'm looking at options to do my under coating after some rust repair. What do you recommend?

The underside is a 2k primer and single stage paint. After all the prep work I'd recommend not going this route, especially metallic or candy colors since it runs easy and is hard to apply upside down.

Apparently you can get the bed liners coatings tinted, this was recommended to me after I painted. It's supper durable and I'm considering applying it to chip prone areas.
If you want to go OEM rubberized/tar based there is a product from 3m called Body Shults, it takes a special gun to apply but it's factory. In addition are a few products in spray cans available from restoration suppliers.

Prafeston wrote:
Wow, yeah, that's thorough. Wish my SX/4 could get that kind of treatment!

Time and patience.... I try to do something small every day and something major once a week. It adds up when you start hitting milestones and deciding what to do next.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 7:46 pm 
Eagle

How's it going man. Been a couple months!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2014 3:27 am 
Metropolitan

The 4-link went in but it's sitting a little lower than I originally intended:

Looks good though and that 4-link isn't coming out so it's time to redo the front end.

Stock knuckles are way too long for lowering with proper geometry so the search for smaller ones began.

I was considering building custom but there seemed to be an easier solution. The Jeep wrangler Dana 30 solid axle. They were built after the eagle, by AMC and seem to share several components.

Picked up an axle and just did a test fit last week. Pics are a little dark but here are the Jeep Knuckles with a Eagle Half shaft installed:

Stock Suspension:
http://tinyurl.com/pz32uex

Modified with Dana 30 Knuckles:
http://tinyurl.com/ogecvha

Going to start modifying the cross member this week :D

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2014 1:51 pm 
Javelin

What year jeep did you get that axel from? Do you think that knuckle will fit to the eagle ball joints? Did the knuckle lower the car?...lol sorry for all the questions it is a part swap I had never thought of. Looks very very nice wish I had patients like that

http://s12.photobucket.com/user/amchornet/profile/

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2014 2:54 pm 
Pacer

dleberfinger wrote:

A product i use at work alot is called Raptor liner from u-poll ..... we use it in the bathrooms of train locomotives and as a bedliner in some of the refurbished mechanic's bodies we get in

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 62 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next