It is currently Tue Sep 19, 2017 4:23 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 257 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26  Next
 Post subject: Re: Project Penny
PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2013 11:59 am 
Eagle

Well progress is being made on Penny. The shop has the 4.2 out of it and should be doing the necessary things in order to drop in the 4.0. It's exciting to hear news of progress being made, but a little unnerving knowing I have to pay for it all when it's done! :) I'm hoping I'll have a nice big Christmas present for myself come the end of December!

Wish I lived closer so I could swing by to grab pics every now and again. And just see how the progress is coming. I will be helping my dad move to Nevada, MO from Lawton, OK on the 21st and I'm thinking I'll make a trip to KC after that to check up on the car. By then they may even be done...

Wish me luck and I hope it doesn't cost me an arm and a leg! :)

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2013 8:07 pm 
Hornet

I only saw Nevada, so I was about to tell you to swing a tad bit north. then saw Nevada mo. I was stationed in Lawton, ok for several years when I was in the army. deployed to Iraq out of there. HATED THAT CITY!!!! crime is crazy there. and its not even that big.

hope all goes well on your penny mobile. if that shop is anything like ours, we try to do extra care, and a few extra things for people spending a bill that big. anything $1000 and over, we will do a few little extra stuff. like cut off an 2 hours on this, or if we find something that needs fixed that parts are cheap on, we will fix and not charge. little things that usually go un noticed, because it was solved while we were that deep into it. hope that they treat you good!!!

WHEN IN DOUBT, BUY MORE BEER!!!!

ASE cert. mechanic 15 years.

http://www.picasaweb.google.com/das24rules

62 rambler classic (casper)
63 rambler american (rosie)
82 eagle sx4 (honeybadger)
82 eagle sw (rottywagon)
79 spirit (drag race car)

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2013 8:32 pm 
Eagle

That's good to hear. I hope these guys are the same. So far I haven't been impressed with their communication with me. I'm having to make all the calls. I feel like the needy girlfriend or something! "Hey, It's Rafe again. I just need to talk!" :)

Also just wish I was closer so I could just swing by and talk with them and see how things are going. Snap some pics. Etc. I did send an email tonight and I'm curious if I'll get a response.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2013 8:39 pm 
Hornet

don't be worried about being the needy g/f. our shop, we start the day saying "I need to call so and so, and this person, and.... then we get busy, and guess what. nobody gets called, or it will be remembered just prior to closing. lol. just remember, they are focused on getting cars fixed so they have a pay check. the person in the office (ours is gone more than there.) is the one who runs the phones. more times than not, its us in the shop who have to do office work also, and things get forgotten. we are usually in a hurry, have grumpy customers who want their rig fixed NOW!! and then piss and moan about the cost. you own a car, so there in lies the story of how you have to pay to have it fixed, just like you have to pay to drive.

"I didn't build it, buy it, or break it" is a common phrase yelled across the shop when people cry about the cost of parts or labor. lol. its sad to say, but the truth! that's only said when someone is being um... less than happy to have a driving car. (ill put it nicely.) you do NOT want to hear how some customers have been to me.

82 eagle sw (rottywagon)

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2013 8:54 pm 
Hornet

just because I can, heres a picture of my BSU themed corner. ;-)

Attachments:
1015131159.jpg
1015131159.jpg [ 285.17 KiB | Viewed 1065 times ]

82 eagle sw (rottywagon)

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2013 8:55 pm 
Hornet

just because I can, heres a picture of my BSU themed corner. ;-)

Attachments:
1015131159.jpg
1015131159.jpg [ 285.17 KiB | Viewed 1066 times ]

82 eagle sw (rottywagon)

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2013 9:07 pm 
Eagle

Thanks for the double post! :)

Good points about the shop guys. I'm pretty sure this is a relatively small shop. They are also mostly a Towing company. I believe Travis and one other guy are the shop machenics and then Travis' dad owns the place and is sometimes there doing office stuff. As far as I know though it's just Travis and one other guy in the shop and everytime I've called on the weekdays I've gotten Travis on the phone. If I don't hear back by email tomorrow around 4pm I'll give them a call and just tell them to go ahead and find a good clutch for me and install that while they're at it.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2013 9:24 pm 
Hornet

no clue why that posted twice. and it said I cant delete the second post. lol. if you got on facebook, give me a few min, and I can look up the clutch I would put in. we use napa stuff, that's all LUK. they are good clutches for daily drivers. I just put a new one in my '03 peon 2 weeks ago. smooth, and long lasting. we haven't had any problems with them in UN HOTRODDED/CHIPPED ECT vehicles. STOCK daily drivers.

82 eagle sw (rottywagon)

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2013 11:06 am 
Eagle

Good news. The bosses in the rear of the 4.0 were already tapped! One less thing I have to pay to have them do! :)

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2013 11:31 am 
Pacer

Great to hear.
Check KCJC when you can Say a request for a 231. Offered yours and mine up because I thought you had 1.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 257 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26  Next