It is currently Fri Dec 15, 2017 1:50 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Re: New Jeep Concepts
PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 2:23 pm 
Eagle

Don't you be bashing my Festiva...it was made before all the mandates too. They couldn't legally build a Festiva these days either! :)

I totally get what you are saying though and I guess in a way this is helping our community...though it sure is making a bad name for Jeep in the process it would seem!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 5:22 pm 
Site Admin

I find it rather amusing, I work for a chryco dealer now, I had to take a training course on the new "cherokee" that is based off the Dodge Dart platform....... I said to my manager, what the hell are they thinking? AMC did this over 30 years ago as an experiment. So they're finally realizing their folly of axing the eagle, and trying to bring out a 4x4 that's nothing more than an ugly amc eagle with a few more creature comforts (they do have different choices on transfer cases though, low range included). The only part that's really gay (other than its looks), is that they're fwd based, meaning not an upgradeable system like the Eagle had. (my manager looked at me and said, something along the lines of I agree, but man you're an asshole, lol). I only bring this up because, back when the Eagle came out, how do think hardcore jeep or 4x4 people felt about it? In all honesty, the new cherokee is a rather comparable if not more capable unit to any other 4x4 (other than the wrangler) on the market today. I hate them but, that's what the public wants, (again proving the innovation of the eagle was far too soon), when they come out with the panda jeep, I'm sure the hate will be equal for it too, but in the end, they want to keep the soccer moms, the environmentalists, the politicians, and the unaware happy. On the flip side, they still make a solid axle wrangler, so the rest of us still have something to look forward to in ten years when it hits our local U-Pull it. :lmao:

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 7:20 pm 
Eagle

Shagg wrote:
On the flip side, they still make a solid axle wrangler, so the rest of us still have something to look forward to in ten years when it hits our local U-Pull it. :lmao:

and we can also look to when it depreciates in value to when the rest of us can afford it.