It is currently Tue Sep 19, 2017 4:10 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 78 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 Post subject: Re: Kansas SX4
PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 11:29 pm 
Pacer

casper is right about pulling the coil wire while the car is running, it does hurt like hell. I found out the hard way.

viewtopic.php?f=10&t=1003

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 2:17 am 
Rebel

I mixed up the wires on the top of the starter solenoid and the car wouldn't shut off. Just sayin'...

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 4:09 am 
Eagle

Ok sorry about that, I've pulled the spark plug wires off before, but not the coil wire. Safer way would be to use a test light and check for power at the connector for the coil. I am going to delete my other post. Thanks for catching that before anyone tried it.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 7:40 pm 
Metropolitan

Well, it looks for now that I have nothing to fix. I went outside, started it and turned it off 5 times in a row with the key! I however smelled gas so Checked the line connections, and checked carb. The carb accelerator pump is shooting gas out like a dam super soaked when you pump the gas. So I need to fix, I have a 2100 rebuild kit around here some where from the old 2100. I need to get her running reliably and fix the e brake(missing a few parts) before I can mess with the body work. I want to have her running, painted, and driving before winter. That way I will at least have a back up to my Suburban. Kansas winters suck for me I have to drive my girlfriend to work and forth to work. It is a half hour drive in good weather across the state line, thru downtown, then very narrow and curving back roads with HUGE ditches. The worst part is she works nights. That drive in a snow storm on unplowed roads at night and back twice a-day, it sucks. It could be worse my 4x4 lifted Suburban likes to pass by all the idiots in ditches or stuck in middle of the road. If your car is 2wd stay home please you are just in my way, and don't flag me down to pull you out of a ditch. I don't help idiots, plus you will be in another ditch in about a mile or so.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 9:00 pm 
Pacer

Now Zach I like ditches. That's where some of my best driving is done. Fresh snow is better than the ice on the streets.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2013 8:24 am 
Metropolitan

I got to work on the AMC yesterday I started to pull the interior. I pulled the majority of the interior panels, rear seat, and the drivers seat. The drivers seat frame is shot. It is split and cracked in several places. the interior is in nice shape except for that seat. I am going to try my best to repair the frame so I will have matching interior colors. Has anyone swapped different seats in to their Eagle?

PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2013 10:55 am 
Pacer

My tan seats are good. Isn't that your color?

PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2013 11:16 am 
Metropolitan

light tan

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 5:13 am 
Metropolitan

Well, I got up early and started cutting out the damaged panel on the drivers side, because I have to get behind it to repair the pillar. It is a-little tweaked. I was using my rotary tool to keep the cut gap very small so I will have less material to fill in when I patch it back in. but I ran out of cutting wheels. So I removed all the trim, badges, and rain striping. I need to remove the front fenders, but I don't think I will get that far to day, due to the Chiefs game.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 5:27 am 
Pacer

Good luck. If it works out and I get this wagon. We'll have lots of patch panels. Wish my welder would call me.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 78 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next