It is currently Thu Nov 23, 2017 3:09 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: My Eagles
PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 3:40 pm 
Javelin

Here are some pics of my Eagles that were requested in the New Member area.

My 86 has a shortblock from my old 81 wagon, with a 4.0L head, Comp Cams 68-232-4 cam, Gronk Motorcraft 2150, MSD ignition, TF998 upgraded to a 999 with a Transgo shift kit, NP229 transfer case, Chrysler 8.25" rear, Jeep 10 spoke wheels with 225/75/15 A/T tires, Espo springs up front with spacers, bastard back in the rear, custom bumpers, custom audio with 6.5" components in the front doors, JBL 6x9's out back and a 12" Rockford Fosgate shallow sub where the door to access the spare used to reside.

This is how it looked when I purchased it when I lived in CO.

After a few years of mods:

Front Bumper:
Rear Bumper:

Post subject: Re: My Eagles
PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 4:49 pm 
Eagle

you have a couple of nice looking eagles there.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 5:58 pm 
Javelin

1985amceagle wrote:

That's one of them. I posted the first post but had to wait for it to be approved. Here's my 87. It was named Rockhopper after a Rockhopper penguin by a Nest member when I held a contest to name it.

It was an impulse buy. I saw it for sale on the Nest, but it was in Provo, Utah. I just happened to be driving through Provo on my way to Nevada for work. I called the seller and told him I was not interested in buying it, but would love to see it. He told me to come by and check it out. It was love at first sight. : 1985amceagle: He took me for a test ride off road and I was hooked. He was asking $9,500 which was half of what he had into having it built. I told him I couldn't afford it and thanked him for his time. He called me a week later and told me he would drop the price to $7,500 for me, since he knew I would appreciate it. I made a phone call and had secured a loan from a family member to cover what I couldn't come up with. Luckily, I was driving a truck one way to Nevada and was able to fly to SLC and pick up the Eagle and drive it home to TN. I was told it had a LS1 and didn't do my due diligence in checking it out. It is actually a 5.3L from an 03 Silverado with a 4l60E transmission and NP231 transfer case. It has a front Dana 44 from a Grand Wagoneer with late 70's F150 outer parts and a Ford Explorer 8.8 out back with 4.88 gearing driving 315/75/16" tires. The front suspension is a custom 3 link with Fox coilovers. I was upset at first about the engine, but I'm happy with it. I've spent some money on it, since it wasn't quite finished. Threw the Ebay HID lights in the trash and installed H4 bulbs and used relays. Rewired the stereo and added 6x9's out back. I bought a full size spare, Solid Axle Industries front and rear diff covers and a larger electric fan. I had a new exhaust system installed. It sounded awesome with the 2 into one through a Magnaflow muffler, but the catalytic converters were tucked up against the transmission and I knew it wouldn't last long with all that heat. Not to mention it was frankensteined together with 100 different pieces of pipe. It now has dual exhaust, no cats (sorry) and dumped at the axle. It is much louder and doesn't sound as good as it did. It used to sound like a Corvette and now it sounds like Jed's 77 Chevy pick up. I'll fix that one day. I traded a Kawasaki KLX650R to have the A/C hooked up. It has no protection underneath. I need to fab up some skid plates and rocker protection and I need to fix the goofy black paint the previous owner sprayed. I have no idea how, but in I've had it a year and a couple months and have put almost 20k miles on it.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 7:23 pm 
Eagle

I'll take your '86 off your hands. Thanks! :)

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 8:01 pm 
Eagle

Eaglefreek wrote:
1985amceagle wrote:

That's one of them. I posted the first post but had to wait for it to be approved.

don't worry about needing the post to be approved, it seems to go way after a few posts. from what I understand, it holds new member's posts for approval that it finds suspicious/ so far we caught one spammer that way. for a while we were getting hit hard.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 4:43 pm 
Site Admin

Love em both EF! Your 86 is the direction I want to take my 84 sedan, capable, yet driveable everyday.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2013 1:09 am 
Javelin

they both look good

1985 AMC Eagle Wagon 4.2L engine 4WD
2000 Mercedes Benz CLK430 Convertible V8
2001 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS Spyder 5 speed

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2014 2:56 pm 
Noob

Eaglefreek wrote:
1985amceagle wrote:

That's one of them. I posted the first post but had to wait for it to be approved. Here's my 87. It was named Rockhopper after a Rockhopper penguin by a Nest member when I held a contest to name it.

It was an impulse buy. I saw it for sale on the Nest, but it was in Provo, Utah. I just happened to be driving through Provo on my way to Nevada for work. I called the seller and told him I was not interested in buying it, but would love to see it. He told me to come by and check it out. It was love at first sight. : 1985amceagle: He took me for a test ride off road and I was hooked. He was asking $9,500 which was half of what he had into having it built. I told him I couldn't afford it and thanked him for his time. He called me a week later and told me he would drop the price to $7,500 for me, since he knew I would appreciate it. I made a phone call and had secured a loan from a family member to cover what I couldn't come up with. Luckily, I was driving a truck one way to Nevada and was able to fly to SLC and pick up the Eagle and drive it home to TN. I was told it had a LS1 and didn't do my due diligence in checking it out. It is actually a 5.3L from an 03 Silverado with a 4l60E transmission and NP231 transfer case. It has a front Dana 44 from a Grand Wagoneer with late 70's F150 outer parts and a Ford Explorer 8.8 out back with 4.88 gearing driving 315/75/16" tires. The front suspension is a custom 3 link with Fox coilovers. I was upset at first about the engine, but I'm happy with it. I've spent some money on it, since it wasn't quite finished. Threw the Ebay HID lights in the trash and installed H4 bulbs and used relays. Rewired the stereo and added 6x9's out back. I bought a full size spare, Solid Axle Industries front and rear diff covers and a larger electric fan. I had a new exhaust system installed. It sounded awesome with the 2 into one through a Magnaflow muffler, but the catalytic converters were tucked up against the transmission and I knew it wouldn't last long with all that heat. Not to mention it was frankensteined together with 100 different pieces of pipe. It now has dual exhaust, no cats (sorry) and dumped at the axle. It is much louder and doesn't sound as good as it did. It used to sound like a Corvette and now it sounds like Jed's 77 Chevy pick up. I'll fix that one day. I traded a Kawasaki KLX650R to have the A/C hooked up. It has no protection underneath. I need to fab up some skid plates and rocker protection and I need to fix the goofy black paint the previous owner sprayed. I have no idea how, but in I've had it a year and a couple months and have put almost 20k miles on it.

You lucky bastard.
I unfortunately owned my Eagle when I was too young, poor, and stupid to know what to do with it. Lifted it a few inches and then realized I'd need to throw a solid axle in the front and then blew the motor and (remember I was young, poor and stupid) didn't think to take it as an opportunity to throw a bigger block under the hood.
You'll let me know if you're ever interested in selling it right?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2014 4:26 pm 
Rogue

blistovmhz wrote:
You lucky bastard.
I unfortunately owned my Eagle when I was too young, poor, and stupid to know what to do with it. Lifted it a few inches and then realized I'd need to throw a solid axle in the front and then blew the motor and (remember I was young, poor and stupid) didn't think to take it as an opportunity to throw a bigger block under the hood.
You'll let me know if you're ever interested in selling it right?

viewtopic.php?f=16&t=1656

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2014 5:15 pm 
Javelin

I seriously love those custom bumpers on the '86! I especially like the way you used them to eliminate the end caps and how the integrated hitch looks. Did you make them yourself, or have them professionally built? Also, are they mounted on the stock bumper mounts, or built into the frame? They would be sweet on my SX/4 8-)

-TF998 Auto/NP129
-Carter BBD Carb
-MSD Streetfire Ignition/TFI
-Aluminum CJ Radiator
-205/75/R15 General Grabber A/T Tires